ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-21-2005, 09:47 PM

Just an update on what's going on in my little world. Next Monday is my "in person" appeal. I have sat down with a rep from DePuy who will be attending my appeal with me. He is very knowledgable (of course being a sales rep for the Charite he had better be right?) and has informaiton that I had not seen. We are going to try to convince my insurance company that we are not asking them to approve the surgery as a whole....but as a patient by patient basis. I have gathered all of my medical expenses since the date of my injury and will lay those out in a spreadsheet prior to the appeal. This way I can show them how much money they have spent already for my health care and also how much they will continue to pay if the proceed to deny me this surgery. My surgeon will also be attending this appeal with me. As I said in a previous post they only allow us 15 minutes for the appeal but we are definately going to monopolize their time as it is impossible for them to expect us to state what we need to in 15 mintues. It makes me sick that they only allow 15 minutes to me in order to defend why they should be allowing me the health care that I pay for.

Anyway.....please keep me in your prayers as I go through ANOTHER level of appeal.

ADR June 15, 2005 WOOOO HOOOOO
Herrniated L5-S1, Tear in Annulus
Old 03-21-2005, 10:29 PM

Good Luck Nichole. You are paving the way for the rest of us in Seattle. It sounds like you will have some good ammo with your surgeon and the Charite rep with you. I will say a prayer for you to get the message across to these people and for them to accept your case.
*'05 Discogram shows concordant pain at L4-5
*8/18/05 scheduled ADR surgery participant in Kineflex/Charite study
Old 03-22-2005, 12:58 AM

Good Luck!!! I hope things go your way with all of the knowlege that is going to be in the room with you, I hope that they will give you more thab 15 minutes. Maybe you could pass on some of the new information that you have gathered. Best of Luck and keep us posted.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Nichole, my prayers and hopes are with you! Best of luck to you. Thank the Depuy rep for us all!

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate