ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:31 AM

Default Decision Made

Well after about 15 months of researching, talking to doctors, reading forums, participating in Facebook groups about ADR etc I have finally made my decision.

I am going with Dr Rischke in Switzerland in Mid October, already have got my plane ticket, appointment, apartment and will soon pay the bill as well, that part I am really not looking forward to. Hope it is worth it as this is going to absolutely eat my bank account. Zurich isn't cheap either, very expensive which only adds to the cost.

I still believe that many of the doctors I talked to would be amazing doctors and would have good result but I felt the most comfortable with Rischke.

Reasons being
1. I really like the LP ESP Disc it is my favorite
2. I like the doctor he seems to have vast knowledge and experience
3. I did not feel pressured to do the operation like a couple doctors staff that seems to push to get the operation right away

4. I almost always talked to him through emails, calls etc and not a go between and I like that personal touch

I am planning on doing a video blog of the whole experience from the operation to the recovery to the hopefully wonderful future

thanks to everyone here for helping me this forum has been great
L4-L5
L5-S1
Considering ADR Procedure This Year
Old 09-02-2018, 01:27 PM

Wishing you a very successful surgery! Trusting and choosing a surgeon was the most important step for me. I know it was hard work and took many hours of time and research. It took me a long time too. Yes, it will hurt your bank account, but the best decision I have ever made was getting my three M6-C discs in my neck by Dr. Clavel. A great surgeon can give you the opportunity to reclaim your life. I do believe you will be much better after your surgery! Even two years post op, I am still seeing improvements. It didn't stop with the surgery though. It has taken a lot of time, therapy and body work to keep improving because the body is made up of so much more than just the discs. I say to myself several things...."the body is miraculous in its healing powers and keep moving!" I never gave up even after the surgeons in the U.S. gave up on me. You are invincible when you believe it.

I don't say "good luck" because this is not about luck IMO. It is about greatness. You've got this!
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016

Last edited by Cynlite; 09-03-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Dorian, congrats on your huge milestone! And Cynthia, nice to hear from you and thanks for posting.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate