ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-24-2006, 04:15 PM

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that there are personal injury lawyers who are advertising on this site.

I am curious about whether or not they are drumming up business from the Failed Back folks.
I am also wondering if these lawyer are legit. Has anyone checked them out?

Is there some sort of Class Action lawsuit brewing?

Okay, I know. Enough questions.

Times have certainly changed from two years ago when all of the reports on sites like this seemed to be positive.

Fellows
Old 02-24-2006, 04:38 PM

Fellows,

I think there is a class action suit brewing against the Charite in US. I'm sure someone will come along with a post. Regarding why they advertise here, I'm sure Harrison could answer that.

I don't however, think that the posts here are becomming any more negative than normal. There are alot of people that have been helped by ADR and those posts are still there. Unfortunately, the ones who aren't hang around here more as they continue to try to find a solution while the successfull ones are living their life. I have personally talked to about 15 people from this board, most of which had not posted in a long time after their surgery. I was curious as to why they were not posting, was it good news (too busy living life again) or bad news (too depressed with nothing good to say). These people were happy to share good and bad and the majority had returned to life again as the reason for not posting.

Obviously the negative outcomes are as important to hear as the positive ones, especially for us who have yet to take the plunge. I appreciate hearing from all sides, but I still feel that ADR helps far more people than it hurts. I feel for you and others on this board that had the guts to take the plunge and are either no better or worse. It is this reason that I continue to sit on the sidelines and wait for more data. I wish you well.

Craig
Old 02-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Craig, nicely said on all counts. Fellows, in case you didn't see the lengthy topic I started when I implemented ADWords, it also included a poll. It's an interesting issue -- one fraught with more questions than answers! Please see this topic here.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate