ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

Dina,
thanks for returning to post what you did above. I'm guessing that Eddie was just hoping you'd return to give the answers to the questions he was asking, not meaning to imply that you post and run like eat and run or rather with a negative connotation.

I'm a long term WC case, what the industry calls a "lifer" but since my case is so old and WC wants to close my case out/settle, they are forcing the issue and my old law firm says it's not worth retaining them for assistance as with new CA. laws and the age of my case (time between original injury and now and surgery being requested) it would be difficult to prove the relation in terms of DDD being natural progression or actually related to past 2 surgeries I've had. They advised me to take what I'm going to offered, they won't make any money from cases such as mine so they aren't even taking the very old ones.

Oh well, talk about depressing! I'm just hoping to get a decent amount that allows me to take care of at least some of my needs..

Good luck to you and others awaiting Prodisc approval here~ I'm hoping it's anytime now...
Old 08-04-2006, 11:22 AM

If all you were referring to is the damn "approvable letter" that supposedly came from the FDA in Jan!!!!! That is old news. Unless you mean they just received the approvable letter because it took 6 mons for the US postal service to deliever the stupid "approvalable letter" to Synthes. We've heard for months that Prodisc has been approved pending inspections, blah blah blah.

Like I said before, until it's finally approved for actual use...the rumors are meaningless.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop
Old 08-04-2006, 11:28 AM

Thanks a whole bunch! Please don't take anything I said in a bad way Dina since it was tongue in cheek. We need all the info we can get around here.
You have absolutely answered my questions!

LBP: I thought the same thing, but this is not old news, I looked at some of Dina's older posts in this thread and she did say her doctor told her something back in June that happened a few weeks before. I thought the Dr. could have mixed up Jan/June, June/Jan but apparently something happened in June that I missed because I'm all over the net surfing on a Prodisc.

Keep that info comin folks! Good Job!!!
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 08-04-2006, 11:43 AM

Oh By the by....

I did more for my workers comp case than my attorney did. When I was fighting to get my surgery done far far away from NJ (in New York), it was the pressure that I put on my company's medical director that got me a good ADR surgeon.
I hope my lawyer does more for me down the road but so far it's been me, armed with ammunition from this board, doing ALL the legwork.

I feel a good relationship with your company's medical director could be more important than your lawyer.
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 08-04-2006, 12:55 PM

Ok well, I'm back and read your posts. Maria, how old is your work comp case?
LBP, you need to let out your anger elsewhere. And for as long as I have waited for this Prodisc, dont you think I would be on top of it? Duh.
Eddie, you are welcome, and thanks for letting LBP know whats up. I know what you mean by fighting for whats right for you. With or without an attorney. And thats why I say, hang in there.

Injured 8-24-2000
DDD L5-S1
DDD C-4,5-5,6
Epidural steroid injections lumbar & cervical
x-rays, mri's, etc.
waiting for Prodisc for L5-S1, and Prodisc C for two levels on C-4,5-5,6
Old 08-04-2006, 02:03 PM

Trust me Dina, I know what's up. I am sick of hearing over and over again "new news" about the approvable letter that's been discussed since January. Your own explanation of
your prior post states that on June 6th ProDisc received an approvable letter. But we've heard that they supposedly got that letter back in January...hence my snippy comment about a slow US mail service. If the FDA and ProDisc have been misleading us for the past 7 mos and ProDisc didn't actully get the approvable letter til last month and not 7 mos ago...then that really sucks and sets the time line back even further. If you meant something else, please clarify.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop
Old 08-04-2006, 03:35 PM

LBP:

Read b/w the lines of this January "approval":

http://www.synthes.com/html/January_..._S.6027.0.html

Dina, as a newcomer, welcome and thank you for your information that I hope truly pans out.

Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:28 PM

Ans, thank you.
LBP, we are all tired of waiting, but being so angry at everyone doesnt help. Unfortunately we can only do so much, and certain things we have no control of.

Injured 8-24-2000
DDD L5-S1
DDD C-4,5-5,6
x-rays, mri's, etc.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately we can only do so much, and certain things we have no control of.
Especially when FDA Chief Andrew Von Hackenbush is busy approving over-the-counter abortion pills and stupid Botox shots for underarms so people's pits didn't sweat but then their forearms started sweating alot.

Where are the priorities?
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 08-04-2006, 06:24 PM

you are so right. so no need to get any angrier than we already are. we must wait a little while longer.

Injured 8-24-2000
DDD L5-S1
DDD C-4,5-5,6
x-rays, mri's, etc.