ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:59 PM

Default Contemplating ADR in Europe

Hello everyone,
I am a 48 year old male with bulging discs C3/4,
C4/5 and cord compression in C5/6 and worst in C6/7. Severe stenosis in C5/6 and C6/7. I am Canadian and ADR is not approved at the levels that I need and my neurosurgeon has recommended a 4-level fusion. I really don't want a 4-level fusion.
I have had Ritter-Lang look at my scans and he suggests a 2-level fusion at C5/6 and 6/7 and ADR for C3/4 and C4/5. Clavel in Spain suggests a 3 or 4 level ADR with the C3/4 being optional. I have since added a CT to my list of scans and it shows some ossification on C6 and C7 which may affect the decision on ADR, waiting to hear.
For now I am standing pat as my symptoms are not severe as far as pain and balance go but I know I will do something eventually...

Any input would be appreciated
Old 05-07-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbakes View Post
Hello everyone,
I am a 48 year old male with bulging discs C3/4,
C4/5 and cord compression in C5/6 and worst in C6/7. Severe stenosis in C5/6 and C6/7. I am Canadian and ADR is not approved at the levels that I need and my neurosurgeon has recommended a 4-level fusion. I really don't want a 4-level fusion.
I have had Ritter-Lang look at my scans and he suggests a 2-level fusion at C5/6 and 6/7 and ADR for C3/4 and C4/5. Clavel in Spain suggests a 3 or 4 level ADR with the C3/4 being optional. I have since added a CT to my list of scans and it shows some ossification on C6 and C7 which may affect the decision on ADR, waiting to hear.
For now I am standing pat as my symptoms are not severe as far as pain and balance go but I know I will do something eventually...

Any input would be appreciated
It won't hurt to look at Dr. Bertagnoli in Germany as well......only 5 months out from Bertagnoli but feeling good and riding my mtn bike again after 3 level ADR in Lumbar.......Harrison can comment more on Cervical levels with Bertagnoli...
Old 05-08-2016, 07:40 PM

thanks FATHUB, will do
bulging discs C3/4, C4/5
severe bulges in C5/6 and especially C6/7
severe stenosis in C5/6 and C6/7
Canadian neurosurgeon recommends 4-level fusion May 2016