ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:39 PM

Default 28,000 eu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
I recently received my estimate from Dr. Bertognoli, Germany. I will give you
the Euro price as it has fluctuated from a few months ago. Of course, where you exchange and wire can make all the difference in the world. I would love it if my credit card would work (don't think they will increase my credit access that much).

CERVICAL ADR
Dr. Bertognoli
2 Level 28,008 EU about $36,100 3 Level 36,508 EU about $48,000

Dr. Bierstedt:
2 Level 28,000 EU

Airfare & hotel charges are of course extra.
Gosh, I was told 23,000 not long ago for 2 level. Now I am really stressing.
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany
Old 08-06-2013, 05:10 PM

Cheryl, I know it is very hard to come up with the money. If you can wait it out a little bit, I know December is suppose to be an inexpensive time to travel to Germany. Check out deals. If you can save a few dollars here and there, it can make all the difference in the world. Also, I know Dr. Bierstedt is very accommodating too. Their office has given me so many ideas about how to save money. PM me if you get a chance. I had to be very creative in the way I was able to get the funds too.
Laura-
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6
Old 02-02-2015, 07:40 AM

May I ask who your doctor was?
Old 02-09-2015, 08:24 AM

My surgeon of choice was Dr. Bierstedt. After contacting several surgeons and submitting my information, he was the one that "personally" reviewed my diagnostic reports, gave his opinion of my situation and his recommendations for surgical intervention. He answered my questions via personal phone call rather than resorting to email or an associate from his office. All medical responses were addressed by him. Other travel and business questions were handled through his office - the way it should be. After conversing with him, I did not have that "second thought" feeling. I knew this was the direction I needed to follow.
17 months post surgergy - I'm doing very well. I haven't had the need to revisit a local surgeon here for any type of follow up or concern. I do have a medical condition that could easily antagonize further problems with connective tissue, but it hasn't found a way to readdress the problem.

Laura
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6
Old 02-09-2015, 09:27 PM

Default Germany

Thank You Laura, I too went to Ilerhaus and Bierstedt.

Six Months, and doing pretty well.

Some Issues, but I can walk, will have some aqua therapy starting soon.

I walk, stretch, use a very well cushioned chair, (one I made) and may soon use a pool.

After a few to five months, the progress is slower, but there are times it is noticed.

PM if you would like more detail, and I have some idea of the cost.

All the best,

L2-3 herniation, two days before Thanksgiving, 2012, Discectomy/Laminectomy, 3/13 Numbness in the right leg, lateral femoral, gone, July 10, 2014 L45 M6 ADR, July 15 PLIF L5-S1, Not able to access L51 Anterior.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romakis View Post
May I ask who your doctor was?
My doctor was Dr Clavel in Spain. i did a Three level l C-3 to C-6.
The cost was 36000 euro about 47000 dollars at the time. That was when the $ was 1.35 to the euro. It is 1.13 now. I was one of the unlucky five percent that came down with what doc called C5 palsy left arm, deltoid rotator cuff all out of commission. If has been almost 2 years and I can now lift my left arm above my head with stiffness and pain. Forearm, triceps, biceps deltoid mostly back but muscles around the deltoid muscle still weak and Painful. Probably at 60 -70 percent on left side now. Have slight pain in right shoulder still but it is completely usable. Doc told me if would be better in one year, then he said two years. It is slowly getting better but still painful. I recommended Dr Clavel to my doctors son for a three level and he is doing great after six months. He is a very nice doctor and most of his patients come out with no problems. Everything was included transportation,hotel,hospital and surgery. Only paid extra for food.
Yes I would still recommend him!
May need lumbar later as I have had 6 injections. They do help. Also had Physical Therapy. Just had 3 level cervical discectomy with C4-5. C5-6 C6-7 ADR but have severe arm pain now. Waiting for X-ray and Dr Clavels plan.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:48 AM

Romakis, my surgeon is Dr. Bierstedt and like Laura I found that after a few phone conversations with him that I felt he was my best bet . The communication with ken, Malte and dr Bierstedt was first rate ( can't say that for most others I contacted in my experience)and everything including hotels, meals, transportation, etc. are all included in my package and taken care of by his staff. Only thing I had to do was book flights.
I fly out tomorrow to Germany with further testing and eval on Monday and surgery on Tuesday.
Good luck with your decision.
Marzman54.
herniated/bulging/autofusion lumbar discs/ 4 levels
2013- L5-S1 discectomy in Florida / RFD lumbar
2014- C5-6 cervical fusion in NH. PEEK prostetic w/plate
Spinal decompression machine/5 days x 5 months.
Injections/RFD,s/Chiro/acupuncture/Meds/Phys Thrpy/ etc etc etc. To much to list.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzman54 View Post
Romakis, my surgeon is Dr. Bierstedt and like Laura I found that after a few phone conversations with him that I felt he was my best bet . The communication with ken, Malte and dr Bierstedt was first rate ( can't say that for most others I contacted in my experience)and everything including hotels, meals, transportation, etc. are all included in my package and taken care of by his staff. Only thing I had to do was book flights.
I fly out tomorrow to Germany with further testing and eval on Monday and surgery on Tuesday.
Good luck with your decision.
Marzman54.
I like Dr. B a lot too. What is your surgery if you don't mind me asking?
Old 02-15-2015, 05:02 AM

My surgery is c4-5 / c6-7 adr and hopefully remove fusion plate at c5-6 that is causing scar tissue in esophagus and swallowing problems since last fusion surgery. also l5-s1 Adr or fusion ? / l4-5 and l2-3 ?. I will be at Bierstedts office tomorrow morning for more testing and Eval on lumbar issue,s as we need more results here to determine what route he wants to take. In my situation he and I felt that we needed to do further eval once getting over here in Germany.
You wouldn't buy a new car without test driving it first would ya.!!!!
Marzman
herniated/bulging/autofusion lumbar discs/ 4 levels
2013- L5-S1 discectomy in Florida / RFD lumbar
2014- C5-6 cervical fusion in NH. PEEK prostetic w/plate
Spinal decompression machine/5 days x 5 months.
Injections/RFD,s/Chiro/acupuncture/Meds/Phys Thrpy/ etc etc etc. To much to list.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:52 PM

Awesome! Here's to getting fixed.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.