ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:03 PM

there were at least 3 health food/herb type stores within 3 blocks of my apartment in Barcelona... if you end up going there, i'll tell you where i stayed!! (very safe and convenient neighborhood!)
laidupdoc@gmail.com if my PM box is full

The content herein represents my professional thought and opinions in a general sense only; they do not constitute professional advice or services. if you need medical advice, please consult a licensed physician.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:16 PM

I never encountered any restriction on bringing your own supplements. I do know that you can find quite a few of them for sale in Germany; it's just that Germany regulates them just like they regulate what we'd consider prescription drugs. I didn't need a doctor's script to get them but I did need to go into a pharmacy and discuss buying them with a (English-speaking) pharmacist. I don't know if the same would hold true for Spain but I can't see aanyone having problems with you bringing in an amount of supplements that are clearly only enough for personal use.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 11-24-2011, 04:57 PM

i brought a gallon bag full of US rx, including 7 controlled substances. also had a box of lovenox pre-loaded syringes. didn't get even questioned at security (all in my checked bag) or even have the customs agent look at me. can't imagine herbals would be any different unless it was something freshly grown - then it's a customs/food/produce kind of issue.
laidupdoc@gmail.com if my PM box is full

The content herein represents my professional thought and opinions in a general sense only; they do not constitute professional advice or services. if you need medical advice, please consult a licensed physician.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:45 PM

I brought all my drugs onboard in my carry on bag.
Best way to know they are safe, is to keep them with you.
I had bottles of pills, narcotics included.
Never had anyone ask anything in US or UK.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:33 AM

I'll add, just in case you face the other end of the problem, I've also had to purchase antibiotics and other stuff for sinus infections overseas. A couple of times, the stress of getting everything ready for Laura and exposure to perfumes on the plane and chimney smoke in the neighborhood around a cheap hotel (both really cause problems for me) drained me so much that I got sick while overseas. The internist that checked Laura prior to her surgery agreed to look at me and gave me the necessary scripts both times. I got them filled and had no problems getting the meds or bringing them back to the US.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 AM

I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here. Being a Brit who has travelled Europe extensively for business and pleasure, (I now live in Utah) taking a GPS with you even if you have no plans to drive is a good idea. Finding a store or whatever online is great but you can't print directions, what you can do is after finding that late night pharmacy for instance is program it in, tell it you're walking, and go straight there.

Found a good store and want to go back later but it's more than a few blocks away? tell the GPS to save the location of where you are and it saves a lot of stress trying to find it again. Foreign streets can stress you out till you get used to them unless you have a very good memory and the strangeness of being in a new place can turn your memory to mush.

You also can't ask for directions (alien concept for guys I know ;-) and you can't always get hold of a detailed street map so I have found my GPS invaluable. I do have the unvi 770 that has both US and EUROPE maps tho, others may have to buy a separate sim.
2008 MRI L4/5 annular tear
2009 MRI L3/4 extruded fragment/bulge/fibrosis/tear Laminectomy L3/4
2010 MRI L3/4 protrusion/extruded L4/5 bulge/protrusion
2011 MRI L3/4 bulge/annular fissure L4/5 bulge/annular fissure L5/S1 bulge
2012 MRI L3/4 protrusion L4/5 bulge Nerve Block L3/4/5
6/5/13 L3/L4/L5/S1 Dr Clavel NO MORE BACK PAIN