ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
That is only part of it. Prodisc immediately sues for patent infringement any time a new disc tries to come into the US!
Oh I know prodisc's litigation history - that company and the doctors who are part of it are disgrace in that regard IMO.
2009 - Trampoline injury (just bounced down on my butt)
2009-2011 Physiotherapy and medication, progress but no lasting pain relief
2010 - X-Ray DDD L5-S1, L4-L5, L4-L3
2010 - MRI Herniation L5-S1, Bulges L4-L5, L4-L3
2011 - Epidurals - No relief
2012 - Facet Injections - No relief
2012 - Discogram TBI - positive L3-S1

L3-S1 ADR M6-L w Clavel 11/28/2012
Old 01-23-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Oh I know prodisc's litigation history - that company and the doctors who are part of it are disgrace in that regard IMO.
A disgrace? I would have gone with "The pinnacle of greed and evil personified" myself.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM

Matt
Sorry for the delay in getting back to its the time zone. I'm sure you'll understand that no two surgical outcomes will be the same, this is how it was for me. Awful constant low back pain which pain killers never really touched, I found it impossible to find a position that was comfortable, I had numbness down the side and across the top of my foot on my left leg, but no real pain with it but some times when lying down and trying to move my legs it did give me extra pain in the lower back.
When I came around after the anaesthetic I understand that I would have had a lot of pain meds in my system but there really was no pain in my back the only pain I ever felt was from the tummy around the incision,the following morning the physiotherapist came in to get me up and about and I really panicked thinking this is going to hurt I very nearly refused!! But one I'd come round to the idea and slowly got out of bed I was still pain free, so for me it was the first time getting out of bed without a great deal of pain it was unbelievable. I did take it easy for a couple of weeks then started physio and hydrotherapy once a week doing alternating ones each week for a month or so, although I never felt it necessary as I had no pain but understood that the muscles need a little help to settle down. I'm just over a on on still totally pain free never even the odd twinge. Honestly my only regret is not having the operation when Mr Dare first suggested it to me. Best wishes to you Matt and I really hope your eventual out come mirrors mine.
November 2011 L5/S1 Disc replaced with M6
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 PM

Thanks for your story and your kind hopes for me, I am glad to hear that yours was a complete success!! Sounds very similar to my situation..

Turns out scheduling the facet injections was the right thing to do. I had my doctor request the injection info from my pain doctor and turns out that it wasn't documented that the facet blocks had been done. It said I had some SI injections?? she did indicate that she thought that when she had me under light sedation she remembered doing them but wasn't 100% sure.. MIND BLOWING!!! Needless to say she is not doing the injections on Wednesday.

Oh one question is a medial branch block the same thing that every on refers to when speaking of facet injections used to diagnose facet pain. I was told that I am getting a medial branch block and from what I read one is an injection into the nerve and one is an injection into the joint. Please advice me what injection I need and the proper name to diagnose facet pain.problems.

Also is facet problems visible on a MRI??

My wife has finally agreed that the M6L is the right thing for me and now we need to finish gathering all the info and make a decision on when and where unless we find that the facets are causing the pain..Lets hope not.

Thanks again and God Bless!!
4/11 pain came on and has settled in for good
facet blocks
7 injections
DRX 9000 traction (no help)
Fentanyl patch and 15 mg oxycodon for breakthrough
4 MRI Bulging L5S1 and DDD
3 Dr's suggest ADR
1/13 discogram 7-8/10 pain
2/28/13 ADR scheduled xxxx canceled
3/21/13 L5S1 ADR M6 with Dr. Clavel who else?:-)
Old 01-25-2013, 01:17 AM

Can't help with injection name - they just called it facet injections for me. :/

Yes facet problems show up on an MRI. Xrays will also identify some issues iirc.
2009 - Trampoline injury (just bounced down on my butt)
2009-2011 Physiotherapy and medication, progress but no lasting pain relief
2010 - X-Ray DDD L5-S1, L4-L5, L4-L3
2010 - MRI Herniation L5-S1, Bulges L4-L5, L4-L3
2011 - Epidurals - No relief
2012 - Facet Injections - No relief
2012 - Discogram TBI - positive L3-S1

L3-S1 ADR M6-L w Clavel 11/28/2012
Old 01-28-2013, 12:38 AM

Hi, I just had a 3 level ADR done, L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1,3 months ago, at ONZ in Germany, and I am feeling awesome. My surgeon, Dr. Thomas Bierstedt, is the most down to earth person ever. He, as well, has a very good reputation, and has shown great results.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 AM

Sorry, this is the wrong thread
Old 05-13-2013, 09:52 AM

I had a 3 level ADR with Dr. Bierstedt in December and would definitely recommend him. The hospital in Hattigen was great, the doctors and nurses are first class. The post op care at Medicos really helped to get me back on my feet.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:24 PM

Default Adr

Stonewall tell us more about your diagnosis and recovery? I am considering Bierstedt
Old 05-20-2013, 01:50 AM

Press Malte to tell you exactly where you need the operation. I assume you sent them the MRI'S. What slide, what image makes them think this. They are good. Dr. Bierstedt is probably one of the best neurosurgeons in the world. The hospital in Hattgen knows what they are doing. The post op hospital Medicos will get you back on your feet.