ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:42 AM

Default Dr. Clavel/BSC/Quiron been there done that!!!!!

I would like to let everyone know that I have a beautiful M6 at L5 S1 instead of that old bastard of a disc. Right out of surgery I wanted my old disc back because it never me hurt like the M6. Shortly after I told the the anestisis I thought It would be better to be dead than to feel this he said the nurses had or set a title low considering the amount of drugs I was taking prior to surgery.. He then slammed a large bottle of Morphine into my IV. A few minutes later it was 4 hours later. When I awoke I was still in massive pain they increased my does from 3 ML/hour to 5 then to 7. Once we added back my oxycodone I was on track. Now it is the second day and I'm off the morphine and Have only taken 2 oxycodon pills and it is 335 here. I feel so blessed by the hands of GOD. I am sore but I feel like this is the beginning of the rest of my life. I owe my wife all the thanks in the world! She has been so helpful. I am urging all of you that are sick of hurting to get in touch with Yolanda at Bacelona Spine Center and get her all your films, MRIs, and discograms. The people here have been the most wonderful people in the world and we Americans can take some notes!?!? I thank all of you for all your kind thoughts, prayers, and good luck wishes. I am dealing better by the hour. GOD BLESS TO ALL OF YOU!!! Pain can be gone!!!!
4/11 pain came on and has settled in for good
facet blocks
7 injections
DRX 9000 traction (no help)
Fentanyl patch and 15 mg oxycodon for breakthrough
4 MRI Bulging L5S1 and DDD
3 Dr's suggest ADR
1/13 discogram 7-8/10 pain
2/28/13 ADR scheduled xxxx canceled
3/21/13 L5S1 ADR M6 with Dr. Clavel who else?:-)
Old 03-22-2013, 11:21 AM

Congratulations! And I'm glad that you've finally gotten the pain under control. I hope you can get up and around a little bit before heading home.

Here's wishing you luck on a successful recovery, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 03-22-2013, 02:47 PM

Default Congrats my bionic sibling:)

Hi,

I had 3 levels L2-L5 with an M-6 by Dr. Clavel in March of 2012. It gets better, some people on this site have had minimal pain, I like you was not one of them However, here I am a year later, back to most of my normal activities, little to no discomfort.

It is going to be a little rough for a week or two, but one day you will forget about it...that is heaven

Good luck, tell Dr. Clavel and Yolanda hello for me!

Laurie
2009-facet inj, radiograph ablation, SI joint injections, cryoablation stubborn no relief
2010-retired d/t pain. more injections
2011-IDET of L3-L5. Pain unchanged, up 50 lbs!
2011-Lumbar ADR recommended by Ortho and 2 neuros. In appeals w/ins. May choose Europe for M6
Need to lose lbs
Old 03-22-2013, 06:21 PM

Congratulations ! You are so blessed to have Dr. Clavel make you better. I hope someday to have hin work some magic on me. My husband is very Leary of going abroad . He thinks if insurance doesn't pay for it and I have complications it's a huge risk for the family. Money is an issue too!

Praying for a speedy recovery!:I am wishing you the best!
Cervical compression with clinical myelopathy with Hoffman's
Tests; MRI's, EMG/NC studies, discogram, CT scan
Pain management; tens unit, ice and heat, physical therapy, chiropratic care, and spinal epidural treatments.
Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Ohio external third party approved Pro-C ADR at C 5-6 on 4/3/13
Old 03-23-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running11 View Post
Congratulations ! You are so blessed to have Dr. Clavel make you better. I hope someday to have hin work some magic on me. My husband is very Leary of going abroad . He thinks if insurance doesn't pay for it and I have complications it's a huge risk for the family. Money is an issue too!

Praying for a speedy recovery!:I am wishing you the best!
Thanks

Running,
Thanks for all the kind thought and well wishes!! I understand all of your and your husbands concerns and if you read my posts it will walk you through the exact concerns from my wife. As I sit in Quiron hospital responding to your thread I can promise you that there are few places in the States that care for their patients like Quiron and Dr. Clavels staff does. I pray that you get a chance to have Dr. Clavel work his magic on you because it is truly a gift. Not to scare you but if you look at the statistics of the surgeries offered in the states at sometime or another most end up with a second surgery or some sort of revision. After this experience I am extremely happy with my decision and if I had to make it again it would be a no brainer. Although the surgery was costly it was a small price to pay for my life. God Bless
facet blocks
7 injections
3 Dr's suggest ADR
Old 03-23-2013, 11:31 PM

I can race it, are you a runner, too? Or another sport? How are you feeling?
Was your recovery ok? I would be interested in hearing more details of your surgery and recovery. God bless!
Pain management; tens unit, ice and heat, physical therapy, chiropratic care, and spinal epidural treatments.
Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Ohio external third party approved Pro-C ADR at C 5-6 on 4/3/13
Old 03-24-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running11 View Post
I can race it, are you a runner, too? Or another sport? How are you feeling?
Was your recovery ok? I would be interested in hearing more details of your surgery and recovery. God bless!
I am not a runner unless I'm being chased;-). I grew up racing bicycles and motorcycles and moved into cars as I got older. This was not an injury caused by racing it was being a young man in the construction would who was too strong for his own good. Muscularly not skeletaly! As for recovery the first day was something I was not prepared for!! I woke up,in tne most pain I have ever had! There are two reasons for this; I was taking 15mg oxycodon and wearing a fentanyl patch, so when they started me at 3 ml of morphine an hour that was basically starting me at zero plusvinhad to stay off the meds fot 6 hours prior. Second reason for the pain is the doctors here dont want you to suffer but they do want you to know where you are hurting and how bad. They won't drug you to sleep. The second day as completely different. Very bearable. Most of the pain was created by the obvious... I do have back pain and abdomen pain but I am up walking going to the bathroom with no assistance and pretty much rolling smoothly to,a complete recovery. Running, I bonded with Lillyth from this page she was kinda my red flag. Whenever I said something wrong or something she disagreed with she was gentle but would always let me know. I am very happy to share any part of my experience with anyone and I will try to help in any way with the process because although it was tough I know this was the best thing for my family and I. One more thing, Harrison you are one he'll of a guy for working so hard to help us learn about this procedure and I want to say thank you for all you have done. Thanks to everyone who has added information to this site to help educate anytime who wants to learn. God Bless you all!! With Love from BSC!!!
facet blocks
7 injections
3 Dr's suggest ADR
Old 03-24-2013, 12:11 PM

ICanRaceIt,

Congrats! So happy for you... Dr. Clavel is the best! Glad he worked his magic on you.
2 level M6 ADR, Dr. Clavel - Oct. 2012
Insurance paid
Not a day goes by that without me whispering a silent "thank you" to Dr. Clavel
Post Op 2+ years
Cross Fit 3-5 times a week
Running 5ks
Old 03-24-2013, 01:25 PM

Welcome on the other side, enjoy your new back!
All my symtoms are GONE!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:29 PM

I can race it,

Yes, Lily is wonderful ! I met her becuase she leaves nearby me in the Bay area. What do you mean she was your red flag? Does that mean you weren't accepting of your injuries?

I am having so a hard time with my husband. He wants me to get a fusion becuase he is afraid if we somehow come up with the money for ADR , i will have complications. We have been told by one of my spinal doctors that if i go oversees my insurance won't even pay for a painkiller for my neck. He said if we go with ADR oversees we might as well sell our house and that he would never let his wife go oversees for surgery! No wonder why my hubby is so against it. He's afraid its too much of a risk. I think ADR is the only solution.
My husband is encouraging me to get a bi-level fusion in June. Any thoughts ?You said you went through tthe same issues. How did you come to agreement?