ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Naturopathic Corner

The Naturopathic Corner This forum contains posts relating to natural and alternative therapies, general nutrition and nutritional therapies, supplementation and more.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Default Biblical Foods that Heal

As I believe good nutrition is the foundation of health, I sometimes find articles that are interesting and helpful. I found a web site that includes a section on “Healing Foods from the Bible” and whittled down some of the nuggets for you. Here are the foods mentioned in the Bible, most are mentioned in the context of healing:
1. Raisins, apples
2. Wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey (with honeycomb)
3. Rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills (good soil for plants that are eaten and help the body become healthy)
4. Millet and spelt
5. Wheat and barley, flour and roasted grain, beans and lentils, honey and curds, sheep, and cheese from cows' milk
6. Curds and honey
7. Goats' milk
8. Pressed figs and two cakes of raisins
9. Finned fish
10. Fruit trees of all kinds
11. Cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic
12. Grapes, pomegranates, figs
13. A little wine (because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses)
14. Cleanse with hyssop
15. Wine vinegar
16. Honey and curds, sheep, and cheese from cows' milk
17. Balm, honey, spices and myrrh, pistachio nuts and almonds
18. No fat or blood
19. Olive oil
20. Mint, dill and cumin
And for those of you thinking about going on a diet, here’s some good validation for you:
Daniel 1:12-17

"Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see." So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.

At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead. To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds.
So, just a reminder that making changes to your diet can not only make you feel better, but get better. Some people that I’ve spoken with have actually healed themselves of back pain and other conditions by making big changes in their nutritional lifestyle!

If any of you know other ancient books or cultural traditions that share similar wisdoms, please do share. I hope you find this interesting, helpful…and healing.

The full document is attached. Also see the juicing topic, which has helped a few people avoid surgery.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Healing Foods of the Bible.doc (48.5 KB, 5 views)
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate