ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 PM

Default approved!

I just received the call that my surgery has been approved, and will happen early next month. I just need to pick a date. I am both relieved and terrified and pray I am making the right decision. The latest MRI indicates:

"Alignment: There is a slight reversal of cervical lordosis centered at c4-c5.
c4-c5: There is some slight loss of disk height at this level. There is a very small central disc herniation at this level approaching the ventral surface of the cord, but not contacting it. It is protrusion in type.
c5-c6: There is mild loss of height of the disc. There is a herniation of the disc centrally and laterally on the left, protrusion-type moderate in size. It does contact and slightly displace the cord posteriorly on the left.
Since the previous examination, the c4-c5 herniation has diminished considerably in size now being barely perceptible in the midline. The c5-c6 herniation is unchanged. No new lesion."
Neurosurgeon recommends fusion or prodisc-c at c5-6
Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM

Zocoma,

Congratulations! As you know, the approval is HUGE! You have a highly thought of surgeon, now you just need a date. I'm already looking forward to your first post surgery update.

Congratulations and good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 05-08-2012, 09:34 AM

Default from the other side

Hello friends,
I had the surgery last week and am now 5 days out. The terrible spike in my neck feeling is gone but has been replaced by new different pain which I hope is just post surgery, distraction, air, or whatever. Both shoulders and most of the length of my spine are very sore. My hands are still a bit tingly but not like the lines of fire I had before. Is this typical? I'll go back and read more of the post op recovery posts. I'm so grateful to have found this community and hope the newest members are able to find hope, info, and relief.
zocoma
Neurosurgeon recommends fusion or prodisc-c at c5-6
Old 05-08-2012, 12:24 PM

Zocoma,

Welcome aboard the USS Other Side!

It's not unusual to have some lingering symptoms for a while, or even for ever. Example: almost three years later, my left hand is still mostly numb; but it doesn't hurt or itch!

So glad you are feeling relief, and here's hoping for a continued successful recovery!

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011