ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-13-2005, 08:51 PM

I firmly support Mark and his efforts to put this seminar together. I have heard from a few people who say that being able to go is impossible either because of the cost or the fact that the trip and all day long seminar is too hard on their spinally challenged bodies. It would be nice for those people to simply buy the video. But wouldn't that cut into Mark's audience attendence? And would it be fair to those who put out considerable effort and expense to go? I think that it should be up to Mark, and while he has helped so very many people, he is still running a business. (and doing an excellent job)
Old 03-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Banned

Rich nailed it... the demand for the video is very strong, but for a small number of people. I've taped the last 4 events, but have never sent out any of the tapes to anyone. They require substantial editing, which would be a very expensive and time consuming process for a market that will not support the effort and expense.

This symposium is much different than my last 5 events and I do expect to have it taped. However, I cannot promise that a video will be available to the public, so don't count on it.

While a video may be useful, I don't think that there is any way to capture the magic that occurs at these events. Equal to the value of the information that will be presented in the sessions, will be the interaction with the other attendes, doctors and industry people who'll be at the party, the breakfasts, lunch, and coffee breaks. The ability to pick up a set of fusion hardware, an endoscope, or several brands of ADR will be priceless.

I wish I could promise a video, but I can't. If a video were to be a possiblity, I believe that I'd have to have 30 confirmed orders for $100 each, or 20 orders for $150 each, just to cover expenses. I would not be surprised if my expenses would be more than that. The conference proceedings will be 8 hours. Any guesses at how many hours or work goes into producing 8 hours of tape? (Biff?) To get a decent product we'd have to do at least a 2 camera shoot... probably 3. What does that do to the amount of post-production work required? (Biff?)

Mark
Old 03-13-2005, 11:22 PM

I agree there sill be something special for peole in our position to be in the same room with most of the greatest mind in this field. I have tried to figure a way to do but just don't see how right now. I even thought about driving in and then driving back home as soon as it was over but I would prob need a crane to get me out of the car after the drive. I sooo wanted to be there but if I can not a video would be nice.
Mark can I still purchase videos from past events, I don't care if they are edited, and I would be willing to pay for this event also. But for any one that can attend as you will never get out of a tape what you can get by being there.

Dave.

P.S. I would pay 150 even 200 for the video. can we get a show of hands on who else would be willing pay.
87 Lam 88 Lam no help. 11/12/04 was told I needed fusion at 2 levels L4/5 & S1/5, ADR Surgery date was 5/13/2013 with Dr. Bertagnoli had fusion on S1/L5 and ADR on L5/L4. it is now 8 years post surgery and do not even take an aspirin for my back.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:14 AM

I've been to very small conferences that used a professional conference audiotaper. It's easy for the organizer since they handle setting up all the taping equipment and making the copies. And it doesn't cost very much. Cal Tapes! is one such group but there are lots.

An audiotape isn't as good as a video but does basically have most of the info and is lots easier. For me, I think a audiotape would have enough info to be worth getting. The value add from a big fancy professionally edited video just isn't that high. And you can probably get a price point that works for the volume involved.

Anyway, it's a thought.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Banned

I just had a pretty bad fall yesterday evening landing on my back and side sort of.. I'm hoping some rest will help it but I'm having pain that wraps around my hips, down my tailbone (part of my lumbar syndrome being stirred up) and going up my spine to the upper T levels..
I'm not sure even an ESI will help this~
If I remain as I am, I'd also be willing to pay upwards of $200-$300 for whatever media is available.
I quite agree there is nothing like being at one of Mark's events and I truly hope I can plan on being there~ meanwhile, I've got to see a doc when I can stay out of bed a few hours..
Old 03-14-2005, 01:04 PM

First of all I want to thank Mark for all of his efforts in arranging this seminar.
I will not be able to make the trip from Israel, but am very interested in getting either a video or a tape of the seminar. Please advise how much this would cost. Thanks.

Yosef
Old 03-14-2005, 01:10 PM

I am also very interested in buying a video of the seminar. Hope this can be arranged

Sabrine
Now 4 years later, struggling with severe pain most possible related placement of the Prodiscs
At the moment trying to diagnose what's wrong.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:02 PM

Mariaa, sorry to hear about your fall I hope you feel better soon and can make it. It is going to be a real lose to anyone that does not go.

Does anybody know what the wining lotto number are?

Mark it looks like there may be enough money to pay for the taping could you or harrison look into it for those that just can't make it happen. This is a great event one that could change the our lives.

Dave
87 Lam 88 Lam no help. 11/12/04 was told I needed fusion at 2 levels L4/5 & S1/5, ADR Surgery date was 5/13/2013 with Dr. Bertagnoli had fusion on S1/L5 and ADR on L5/L4. it is now 8 years post surgery and do not even take an aspirin for my back.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 PM

Mark,
The most outstanding spine surgeons in the world speaking directly to patients and answering their questions... The latest technology and even a celebrity, Dr. Janz-B!.. My hunch is that this unusual outreach from the world's greatest doctors to the patient community would sell well. The seminar tape set is needed by so many people. I hope you can figure something out.

Jim
Old 03-15-2005, 07:25 AM

Thatvideoguy.com I know lives in CT and I suspect would be a good candidate to help us because he would produce us a DVD quality production probably for a sandwich and a soda. His work is similar to a 20/20 segment with interviews, topic discussions and so forth, not just shoot and roll em. On the top list of really nice guys, Bob is up there. He reports all professional grade equipment. His video avocation began between jobs a few years ago, and even though he has just recently landed the dream job, he is still wants to produce informational videos,,,as he states on his website,,,of interesting persons, places and things. WE QUALIFY. Bob Metelskys' and company work may be viewed at www.thatvideoguy.com. (JL)
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue