ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:32 PM

I used Orthopedic Analysis before I went to Spain. Its nice they use the graduated increases of material introduced into each blood sample. I was reactive to nickel and to a lesser extent chromium and vanadium.

Titanium didn't move the needle at all which is partially why I'm glad I went the M6 route considering I'm a three level meaning a lot more material in me.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:59 PM

Default speaking of a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewrad View Post
I used Orthopedic Analysis before I went to Spain. Its nice they use the graduated increases of material introduced into each blood sample. I was reactive to nickel and to a lesser extent chromium and vanadium.

Titanium didn't move the needle at all which is partially why I'm glad I went the M6 route considering I'm a three level meaning a lot more material in me.
I have a three level plate and screws, a roi-c implant, a dental implant, now two m6-c's and going to have a 2nd dental implant in Jan. I bet I have the most Titanium than anyone or pretty darn close. I had my thyroid ultra sounded to check for any problems with that; every thing is normal. Thank God. I guess you have to weigh the risk to benefits.
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany
Old 01-12-2016, 01:07 AM

Default Better to be alive than dead...

Sorry for going off subject of ADR, but does touch on metal reactivity....

The neuropathy in my toes and feet has not dissipated yet.

I had what I least expected on December 14, 2015... a heart attack (M.I.)... my first at age 80 plus almost six months. Turns out that one of my left heart arteries was 100% blocked and the other left artery was 90% blocked. The right artery was OK.

The question of metal reactivity was discussed for the stents... rather than doing an open chest by-pass. I chose stents. The best available at this time is a platinum/chromium alloy by Boston Scientific http://www.rdmag.com/news/2011/08/ne...-x-ray-visible Thankfully, there is no nickel in the alloy that I can determine!!!

The mass of the stents is very small, so I hold my breath that there will not be much reactivity, if any. It is better to be alive and put up with a bit of inconvenience!!!

It is a funny feeling to have one's heart tickled from the inside... as they maneuver the cardiac catheter with the angioplasty ballon and stent around. The cardiologist needs verbal input from the patient as well as the fluoroscope picture. One is only knocked-out partially for the procedure.

Wishing you wellness!!!

George -- Old Codger
79 year old, loves to be very active, but am hampered as time goes on. Partial Cervical Fusion in July 1999, C4&5, C5&6; 2 each-Surgicals for Spinal Stenosis to eliminate neuropathy in feet and lower legs-Sept 2002, no help; Neuropathy cont'd for fifteen years; Clue to neuropathy from past history and new found info of allergy to chromium, nickel and cobalt.