ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:51 PM

Default surgery helped my headaches !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynlite View Post
Congratulations on finally getting your surgery approved Amy. It is truly sad that some insurance companies are still turning down this surgery with all the evidence that the surgery works as well and often better than fusion. I wish you the very best possible outcome from your surgery and I hope the headaches go away. They have left me in bed for months at a time so, I can very much relate. Keep us posted.
Thanks for your encouragement. I'm getting ready to update my outcome, but just wanted to let you know I am still headache free at 6 days post-opp. I'm sore with the muscles in my upper back, but it's nothing compared to before. They only gave me a 50/50 chance on the headaches, but I think that is where the Neurosurgeon came in handy!
Old 10-15-2015, 09:00 PM

Default let's make this easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean123! View Post
dr. glenn - up in Encinitas 2-level mobi-c

dr. mundis - ucsd - suggest hybrid (however he doesn't do 2 level.

the other dr. which I can't remember wanted to do 2-level fusion, however he doesn't' do any artificial disk replacements
the two level fusion is a no. you wouldn't fuse you hip or knee if it went out; you'd get replaced.
the hybrid; let me guess; they want to put fusion at the level where the stenosis is; right?
sorry, I'd go with the two level mobi for sure. You can still have adjacent level issues with a hybrid and face yet another surgery. Keep you motion! Refuse to fuse! "I am not a medical professional"
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany