ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-27-2005, 11:27 PM

Anybody in their right mind can see this site for what it is! No one can deny that promotion of ***, of Zeegers,of Alpha Klinik is not BLATANT ADVERTISING!
Old 03-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Banned

Hratch, welcome to the forum!

Yes, some members here are very enthusiastic about their surgeons, not only from Zeegers, but from many ADR surgeons.

I hope that you'll be posting here in a way that will help other spine patients to learn from your experiences. Your story is an important one that we can all learn a great deal from.

I hope you get some relief soon. Is there any talk about fusing around your prosthesis?

Sincerely,

Mark
Old 03-27-2005, 11:39 PM

The people on this site do have their favorite service providers and do have strong opinions with respect to ADR....I personally am outside of their sphere of preferences (my ADR being done in Santa Monica by Dr. Delamarter and a Prodisc vs. a Charite).......however, there is valuable insight, opinions, and research on this site.....I think there is nothing wrong with having personal favorites and expressing those opinions. Yeah there is a guy that owns a service that is touted from time to time, but that person himself does not seem to do an "fishing" here. Also, most everyone discloses the work they have had done so the public can form their own opinions with regard to objectivity/subjectivity........I respectfully (and just barely respectfully) disagree with you.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:47 PM

You can only disagree because you cannot deny the BLATANT PROMOTION! "Touting" as you mentioned is not opinion!
Old 03-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Banned

There are many people here with ProDiscs, Charite's and even Mavericks. There is a Bryan and several ProDisc-C's.

I am leaving in a few hours for Germany to assist some clients through their surgical ordeals, We will be in Bogen with Dr. Bertagnoli. I have many clients who've had surgery in the US with Dr. Regan, Delamarter, Haider, several doctors at TBI, Stenum, Bitan, Yue, Yeung, Schiffer, and many others. I have had 5 *** events so far with Zeegers speaking at only one. I'm not sure if your post is directed at me or at the entire forum, but I think you'll agree that accusations that this is all about promoting Zeegers and the AlphaKlinik are quite unfounded. Hratch, you'll remember that I also recommended that you go see Bertagnoli, which you did.

As I said, your story is an important one and I hope that you'll post in a manner that will help other spine patients learn from your experience. If you post in a manner that is not helpful to the patient community, that would be a shame, because your story will be lost in the noise. If you focus on the relevant issues, you'll reach many more people.

Mark
Old 03-28-2005, 03:12 AM

Before I found this place (and others) I felt *very* alone in doing solo research and negotiating a language and system (and I have medical savvy elsewhere) that was totally unfamiliar to me. I also get serious information here from smart people. Before, I felt like one out of a zillion w/my petty spinal concerns that quietly ate my guts.

Best, Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:16 AM

I agree with Allen,
I consider this site a blessing, there are great people here, a lot of Great information. And you should read it and form your own opinion on how you want to proceded with your own personal ADR issues. I check this site a few times a day like clockwork. Thanks to all the new friends here, that truly are concerned about one and other.....and to "Harrison" for without his generosity and time, we would all be "googling" for information right now....
Lost all ADR Appeals w/ UHC PLIF Fusion L5-S1 on 5/17/05.
Pars Defect L3-L4
DDD L3-L4 L4-L5
3 LVL Fusion Scheduled 4/08
Old 03-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Banned

Hello all,

As to my position, I will shamelessly stand with *** and Mark with my continued support. Every email I receive (I receive many from other webpage�s) I always end with a reference to ***. Why? Is it due to my awesome success from *** helping me with my ADR decision, no not at all in fact Mark actually suggested I go alone with my research before I decided on Stenum.

I have had many in depth conversations, no actually debates with Mark and I have attended two of *** seminars. Both sources have been equal in his stance on the benefits of not just Charite but, Pro Disc, Flexi Core, Bryan, Maverick and Mobi Disc and of different doctors not just Zeegers.

Indeed it seems like Mark always has inside information that I continually appreciate his sharing with me on the progress of the ADR industry. I especially am thankful for his continued help to me in my quest to solve my many complications from my ADR surgeries.

Indeed, he doesn't send me a bill or ask for money. Yes, I invited him to go with me to Stenum for my revision surgery and I paid him. He does have a business and must make a living. I really wanted and had invited my neurosurgeon to go with me on my first ADR surgery back in August 2004. He accepted then at the last minute declined.

So I had a history of wanting to take an experienced ADR consultant or physician with me. Mark with my request to Stenum, was able to scrub up and watch my surgery elbow to elbow with the surgeons. In fact my blood was spilled on his greens. He provided me a later with his details of the surgery and how Stenum actually does perform the Charite ADR implants. How many of you had a non medical person standing in on your surgery?

Mark has progressed from a resource to a vendor to a friend concerned for my health. In fact this week he was so incensed at my HMO's delaying tactics I thought he was going to bursticate on the phone! Hell, my business partner doesn't call me as often as Mark does. And no I am not some show piece for his business.

I am just like anyone here, a regular person crippled with back pain, seeking a return to my former lifestyle and enduring a journey unto Shackleton's. Thank God this didn't happen to me in that era. I believe in the ADR devices. Yes I have my own favorite and I won't go into discussions on why.

I would do this again at the blink of an eye. My wife though feels I should have gone for the fusion. It's been tough I mean really tough for her and I say to the spouse's out there. God Bless you for your own endurance and patience with us who have ongoing pains, complications and depressions.

Finally again, back to Mark I stand with him and rely on him for his truthfulness and knowledge. And as for Richard who started this forum I am glad you did. I am pleased to see that you are not censoring people and banning them from this forum. The conversations here have a spice and passion. Not bland and stale after certain passionate voices get banned from posting. I love Ford's now that can get Chevy folks gasping to rebut me. Anyway, thanks again for the work and contribution you do to make this available.

Sincerely,

Willie
(mrbee)
Ps for the person who asked how I switched from a HMO to a PPO, it is done this way. Call your group parent company. Mine is Cal Choice, who provides our company with a choice of several insurance companies i.e. Health Net, Kaiser, Blue Shield, etc. So since I am in my group, the bylaws state that some one with a preexisting condition can move from an HMO to a PPO if you have had 6 months of continued coverage. Also, that you are not Totally Disabled and not eligible for Medicare. So call your companies insurance broker and see if you can do this. Oh one last thing it can only be done at the enrollment anniversity.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:44 PM

Hratch,
I have two university degrees, and I write about orthopedics. I am in Canada, and I have very little support, from the medical community or elsewhere. When I was diagnosed, I spent hours on the internet trying to find out what my options were. When I found *** I thought very carefully about contacting Mark. Yet we often talk about developing a patient advocacy service here in Calgary - same kind of thing.

Nobody has made any of us sign on to these websites, and nobody is forcing us to buy any of the services discussed. I find it interesting that the most inspiring posts come from the patients, not from the so-called promoters. There is nothing better than a group of people coming together to sort out issues of mutual interest.

Like Allan, I felt totally alone until I found this and other spine forums. I am grateful for the work Rich does to keep this place going.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Hratch, when you registered for this forum, you agreed to abide by the principles in the policy agreement (which you accepted) and also clearly written in the introduction:

The content of this forum is managed with these principles in mind: accuracy and traceability of information, respectful communications and general helpfulness.

Can you tell me how your statement meets any of the above principles? In addition, I do not receive fees from any doctors or consultants. (But I am considering Google ADWords!)

Folks, these kinds of posts are not helping the community...
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate