ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:28 AM

Fathub are you saying that a 2 week rest after 2 level ADR is on average not enough time?

I have found little info on people being able to return to work at sedentary jobs.

Nerves take a long time to heal so I wouldn't be surprised if the numbness/lack of feeling I have does not go away quickly. It does not seem to make sense to wait for that to go away. It might never happen. Bad tingling - hope that never recurs after this surgery.

Trouble swallowing, stiff soft tissues etc - well I hope 2 weeks is enough time to improve.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:23 PM

Of course we all wish you a swift recovery. But I agree with Fathub and unless you are self employed or work for a non profit, I suggest that you never forget that the sole purpose of any business is ultimately only to generate profits for the owners. I am not trying to be cynical but I have worked for mega corps for my entire life, and have seen that employees are only tools -and once no longer needed or damaged...get thrown away.

This is not a political forum and I am not seeking to go there....just that stuff happens with this surgery and you need to keep your options open. FMLA in most states can certainly be extended up to the max allowed by law.

My 3 level, left me with little voice for almost 4 weeks. This may have been particular to problems I had in surgery due to a pre existing sinus condition...but I could not talk with clients at work if I wanted to. Dr Clavel had also asked that I take muscle relaxers -and those made me both foggy and too tired to stay awake the entire day without an afternoon nap! Conversely, I also had some steroids for my throat for awhile, and they kept me awake at night. Really early return to work just wasn't an option. But you are younger than me and it makes a difference.
C5-C6:Moderate disc osteophytes. Mild-moderate canal stenosis. Moderate-severe bilateral foraminal stenosis.
C6-C-7:Mild-moderate disc osteophytes. Mild canal stenosis. Moderate left and moderate-severe right foraminal stenosis.
June 29,2016-3 level M6 (C4-C7) Dr. Clavel Barcelona
Old 01-07-2017, 10:53 PM

Gorrito,
I'm 13 months Post Op (Harrison's going to hammer me here for not posting my 1 year post op follow up) but I still get very weird pain/tingling/nerve hits and spikes.....I stopped trying to 'hammer them out' in the gym as that DOES NOT work with ADR.....rest and 'cutting myself some slack' does which is totally foreign to me..TOTALLY. I've been self employed as an HVAC/R contractor for 40+ years. We did a job on the beach (I do a lot of ocean coupling of GeoExchange systems) for a client and worked 18+ hours/day, 3 days in a row and the last night of 3 nights of shoveling to exhume the Hxer, my back right at the operation level hurt like hell (1st time ever since the operation) and I backed off and let the hired labour and the useless whining owner who hid in the shadows leaning on his shovel. To top this off, we got the system 100% on the 3rd night at about 1:30 am and when the owner's wife returned from her month off in GmbH, she declared out bill 'too high' and offered us 1/3 on the payment although her husband was praising us on the night we got finished and pleading us to send them the bill and he'd gladly paid it as we'd likely saved them $30-40,000......
I hate being in business now....customers are cheap, self absorbed a$$holes and could not give sh!t about others.....only themselves and their precious GD money.......sooooo bottom line....look after yourself; whether you work for the megacorp or the jerk by being self employed........YOUR health must me cared for by you....NOT ANYONE but you.....

I would start back at work 3 weeks afterwards and could only make it 2-3 hours and went up from there. I had some days where I did 6 hours and the next day was in one case down and out for 36 hours like I had the flu....weak and shaky......I slept for 36 hours and was OK....BUT when I was back again and getting exhausted......I buggered off for the couch and my blanket....TAKE IT EASY and be authoritative in taking your time......
How many more chances do you have????? Really?