ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:32 PM

My name is Marcie, my husband, David, will be having ADR surgery in Bogen on May 13th. I will be traveling with him there and am looking for any information regarding the city that I can receive. I am pretty sure I will be staying in the hotel right in town, "Hotel Am Platzl". Does anyone have any detail about the hotel, restruants, markets, laundry mat ect....
After his surgery, we hope to do some sight seeing. Are there any places that we should make a point to see? What about the other hotel they recommend "Romantik Hotel"? In the paper they provided it appears that a second person is charged the exact same amount. Are we interpreting this correct? That sound very expensive for the second person. I would appreciate any bit of information... Thank you.
87 Lam 88 Lam no help. 11/12/04 was told I needed fusion at 2 levels L4/5 & S1/5, ADR Surgery date was 5/13/2013 with Dr. Bertagnoli had fusion on S1/L5 and ADR on L5/L4. it is now 8 years post surgery and do not even take an aspirin for my back.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:37 PM

My husband and I stayed at Am Platzl in January. There is a supermarket directly across the street. The owner speaks perfect English. There is a wonderful Asian restaraunt directly across the street also. John, the owner speaks English well, but his wife does not speak any. The sweet and sour chicken is great! As far as laundry, the lady who owns Am Platzl will do a load of laundry for you. She is very nice, but does not speak much English. The breakfasts are included at Am Platzl and are wonderful. I have pictures of the rooms at the hospital and the hotel. If you are interested PM me and I will send them to you. I don't know anything about Romantik Hotel but we were quite comfortable at Am Platzl. It is not fancy, but very nice and clean. We went sight seeing for several days. There is really a lot to see that is close. Ask Dr. Masyk, the pain management doc about all the cool places to see. He loves to tell you all about it. Tell him Linda says, "Hi." He is really nice and was born and raised in the States. His English is perfect. He has been in Germany since 1976...the old story of met my wife, fell in love and stayed.
If you are interested in seeing any pics, just let me know.

Best wishes,
Linda

10-02 - ProDiscs L4/5 and L5/S1 - FDA study - disks placed incorrectly which
caused problem at L3/4 and L2/3
01-05 - ProDiscs at C5/6 and C6/7 in Germany - seems to be working fine so far
Bedbound from 09-06 until 10-08 due to severe pain and weakness
09-08 - Had Fibrin sealant done at L3/4 and L2/3 After 6 weeks - much success!
Hoping and praying that the lumbar revision surgery that was scheduled with Dr. Regan
can be indefinitely postponed
Old 03-31-2005, 06:32 AM

I also would recommend the Am Platzl, as I was there same time as Linda. It's a 5 minute drive to the hospital and they are very accommodating. They did our laundry for no charge and several times I went down to the bar for mineral water and wasn't charged. Several days after surgery I needed to get back to the hospital to get checked by Dr B and the managers wife drove me. The restuarant was very smoky, but they don't have no smoking sections in restuarants over there so you'll smell smoke in almost every restuarant. The bakeries are great, one on every block! You can PM me as well with questions.

Ann