ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:38 AM

Billy,

You are looking for advice in the right spot. Fortunately for you there's a lot of experience to be drawn from here. I can't give much advice because I haven't had surgery yet, but if you can take a few hours and look over the threads here, you'll find a lot of people who have gone through what you are going through. Also a lot of advice on what recovery is going to be like. My experience is that you get good, honest, and quick advice. Take care and good luck.

Don

3 level DDD L5-S1 through L3-L4.
"Compressed" L5-S1 in ~1992.
Herniation at L3-L4 and L4-L5
Fusion or ADR in near future
Old 06-26-2008, 02:17 PM

Welcome Billy I am also a new member with a need for info on cervical adr. I am lucky that I dont have the severe pain and have some time to buy.I have also been told I am a good candidate for a adr but mostly only workmans comp and no fault covering so far. I'll be following your progress cuz I probably wont be far behind you. I feel your anxiety cuz I think spine surgery has such a bad reputation we just hear more of the bad when there is really so much successful stories too.I just had a lumbar microdiskectomy on feb 18th and my severe siatica pain wss gone when I woke up from anesthesia, so keep a positive attitude and make your decision and move foward!!! Good luck Lynette
Old 06-26-2008, 08:21 PM

Billy,
I am sorry I missed your question about disc choice. I did not choose the prodisc. I chose the surgeon and he is very "pro" Prodisc, though he occasionally uses other models for some patients.

About your other bulges, I had one C3/C4 pre-op above and they have not changed as of 1 1/2 yrs postop.

About going back to work- I flew home from Germany 4 days postop. I went to work 1/2 day on my 9th day post op and a full day 11th day post op. Nothing strenuos though.

If you have gathered up all of your nerve and are already on your way. I applaud you, I feel for you, and I will be thinking of you until I see your Post op "Post".

I am quite the word smith today heh?
10/2008 3 surgeons confirm C6/C7 needs ADR and always has.
Has anyone had a second ADR surgery on an adjacent level?