ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:44 AM

I have been told that as long as I do not have a lapse in my current insurance coverage with BCBS that Aetna and others would not look down on a preexisting condition. I am still talking with them to make sure of this cause the last thing I want is to get coverage and then discover they have a loophole around covering my condition even though I have maintained my BCBS coverage as told.
When I find out for sure I will post, but so far that is what I have heard.

I would love to travel overseas and have my ADR done in Germany. My husband used to live there and I have never traveled overseas and we never had a honeymoon, I could make it a multi-purpose trip. I do not know how anyone can afford $47k though, even if it is a lot cheaper than in the USA. We are just trying to make ends meet with three kids, one income and all my piling up medical bills, we no longer have any savings. Has anyone heard about overseas medical coverage? I read somewhere recently that some insurance companies offer overseas policies because they are realizing how much money they can save by letting people go outside the USA. Has anyone else heard about this or know any more about it?
L5-S1 DDD and herniation
Physical Therapy for 2 yrs, 2 epidural injections, 1 facet injection, discogram on 9/20/07 confirms 2 level ADR needed.
I wear a back brace and use a NMES/TENS unit in addition to taki
Old 10-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Lisibug, how long were you in Germany? I was hoping to only go for a week at most. Also, do you have contacts to more of Dr. Bertagnoli's patients and what type of ADR was used? I'm partial to Prodisc-L.
Thanks, Ray
anular tear L5-S1
DDD L5-S1
4 medrol dose packs
3 epidurals
darvocet, vicoden and tylenol4

Old 10-23-2007, 05:28 PM

Hello, Could you tell me which Blue Cross denied your two level ADR? What Surgeon and where was the procedure going to be performed? I would love to hear any experiances of anyone being able to get Insurance companies to help pay for ADR performed in Germany. THey seem to have the most experience and I have heard many good things regrading the hospitals there.
Adr- L4-L3 with M6
Old 11-26-2007, 11:58 AM

I had a three level prodisc lumbar L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1 with Dr Rudolph Bertagnoli (ProSpine, Straubing Germany) Oct 2006. Surgery was sucessful and the experience was great. I feel the med care was better there than I would have received here. Dr. B is the best at this operation. I paid around $45k for three, I was quoted about $38 for two. good luck
Old 11-26-2007, 12:04 PM

The exchange rate is pretty horrible right now so make sure your getting Euro costs for the surgery and plug it into current rates...because when some people went to Germany on this site the exchange rate was much more favorable!

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop