ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:27 AM

It looks like i wont have to go to germany for my adr, I saw dr davis my PM and Dr Kropf, and it looks like they are going to do a removal of the fusion hardware and do a adr at L4 . today i am going for an MRI on thoracic to see what he willl possibley do with that area.
blue cross is not covering a bit of it, but we realized this has to be done otherwise I may end up in the psych ward.

Julaine[IMG:left]C:\Users\Julaine\Pictures\new pics\RSCN0181.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-21-2007, 12:27 PM

I am so excited for you. An option, it at least brings back hope. I think you should definetely try and collect on an appeal with Blue Cross.

I know you are not going to shop around in your situation, but if they start dragging their feet, I would contact Bertagnoli. You can get an eval for free, get an estimate, have another avenue in case something falls through.

Have you had any communication with Chuck (chasswen) on this Forum. I think BC (New Jersey) has agreed to reimburse him a major portion of his cost in Germany. He had a single level lumbar (no hardware removal) but it would give you an idea of what Germany may cost. Mine was a single level cervical and my medical costs in Germany were $21,000. I spent about $10k on travel for 2 people.

I hope this is helpful in some way.
My thoughts are with you.
10/2008 3 surgeons confirm C6/C7 needs ADR and always has.
Has anyone had a second ADR surgery on an adjacent level?