ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:48 AM

Default DR. consult

Hello, anybody ever heard of or had any experience with a dr.etemad , i believe his first name is alex. He's in so. Cal. One of his locations is in lakewood ca. He does adr. I am contemplating consulting with him. Thanks
Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 AM

beaverc,

I know nothing of Dr Etemad. I have seen a couple of posters that underwent ADR surgery with Dr Lauryssen in Beverly Hills. Both raved about how great he was, and as of their last posts, both were having excellent outcomes.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 07-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Administrator

BeaverC, pls add a signature. See the first topic in this forum. Thanks!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 08-06-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverc View Post
Cynlite, hope your doing well and thanks for all the research / information you have done and provided. Question in regards to forum member randolf's situation where Dr.Clavel is recommending a SIX level lumbar fusion. I was under the impression that multi-level lumbar fusion (and I would say a 6 level lumbar fusion is a multi/multi fusion) in Europe is basically not done. Dr Zeegers web site speaks about dynamic stabilization and probably hybrid ADR-fusions. In your opinion is Clavel a "fusion at last resort" type of doctor, it seems the consensus with European doctors that fusion is basically frowned upon. Thanks and take care.
I believe this is your thread. I'm answering you here because I really don't want to hijack Chris' thread on a question that was not part of Chris' story.

My impression is that Dr. Clavel is very good at interpreting images. There are several of us that have posted how he saw things on our images that other surgeons did not see. Dr. Clavel is an ADR neurosurgeon but, neither he nor Dr. Zeegers will do an ADR if they don't think it is appropriate for the situation. (I say this after spending a lot of time talking to both of them personally about ADR.) He best explains his practice regarding ADR in the link below. If he doesn't think you are a good candidate for ADR, I would give that answer some weight because of his experience and very good track record. He didn't think my lumbar spine problem could be fixed with an ADR unfortunately so, that is just the way it is sometimes.

http://www.doctorclavel.com/en/cirug...al/#candidatos

I have only seen the hybrid 360 degree on Dr. Bertagnoli's site which is experimental at this time IMO. I don't know anything about Dr. Zeegers' dynamic stabilization.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016
Old 08-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Exclamation

BeaverC,

PLEASE add a signature. Also, if you have a question about something, pls start a new topic instead of posting a question on another's topic.

Thanks and let me know if you need help:

http://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11053
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate