ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:04 AM

Hello all, I've missed this place! It has been a very busy summer. First part of the summer I was working on appeal #2 & 3, right now I'm waiting to hear about appeal #3. My daughter and son-in-law found a program thru the USDA for low income families so that they are able to build their own house, along with 10 other families. Everyone works on everyone's house until they are all done. Each home owner has to put in 32 hours a week 17 for the home owner themselves and then they have to volunteers put in 15 hours. So on Saturdays I have been going out to the job site to put in my hours. Don�t worry I don�t do anything that will bother my back. They have found me a job; I am the official wood cutter. I stand and sit and cut lumber all day long. I found a lounger at Sam�s that is anti gravity and it is great for taking a lot of breaks. My son-in-law started a website if anyone wants to check it out http://www.10families1goal.com As far as my back goes my PM has up�d my Avinza to 180mg and put me on Cymbalta 60mg and Zanflex for muscle spasms. If TriCare turns down my last appeal, I will be going to Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington to have my adr done by a military doctor. At any rate I just wish I knew which it was going to be, I hate all of this waiting, but that is the military for you hurry up and wait! Well that�s all for now, I will hopefully be checking in more often, I really do miss this place when I get so busy. But I can always count on everyone being here if I need a boost of my spirits. I just don�t know what I would do if I hadn�t found this site, it is the BEST!

Cathy
Old 08-12-2005, 09:05 PM

Welcome Back. I was wondering if you had gotten insurance approval and had surgery. Sounds like you have a back up option if you are denied a third time. Let us know.
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy
Old 08-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Thx for the update Cat. It's great you are keeping busy, helping out while also being careful of "ye old spiney!"

Take care, hope the waiting game ends...
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate