ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:58 PM

Default Hello Everyone!

Hello! I am looking forward to being a part of this community. I am 39 years old, live in the US and have been dealing with lumbar issues since 2003. I orginally herniated L4L5 lifting weights in college. Since then I have had intermittent back pain, nerve pain in my legs, right leg mostly. For the last three years I have had constant discomfort in my right foot. This was made worse due to a car accident in 2007. I am looking into ADR...very interested. I have submitted requests to Texas Back Institute, Ritter-Lang, and Bertagnoli.

Would love to know who you recommend. Sounds like I need to look into Clavel as well.

Ritter Lang and Bertagnoli recommend a 3 level ADR. TBI wants me to come to Dallas and do a discogram.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 09-12-2019, 10:16 PM

Take a look at:
https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14009
And then continue your research from there...
Four central disc protrusions in thoracic spine.

C5-C6, C6-C7 bulging, bone spurs. Imaging not looking good. Successful CP-ESP's placed in Oct 2019 by Dr. Desai.

Delayed lumbar surgery to work on bone density. Considering options now, some but minimal bone density improvement. Will only use LP-ESP.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:35 AM

I was light on details because it was late.

My point was that funcrew had similar thinking of physician and disc. Did more assessment and completely changed his plan. That thread is a good place to get grounded, and from there research the ESP and other physicians who use it.

Funcrew chose Dr. Desai, as have I (for surgery next month). There are other very competent surgeons as well.
Four central disc protrusions in thoracic spine.

C5-C6, C6-C7 bulging, bone spurs. Imaging not looking good. Successful CP-ESP's placed in Oct 2019 by Dr. Desai.

Delayed lumbar surgery to work on bone density. Considering options now, some but minimal bone density improvement. Will only use LP-ESP.