ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:10 AM

Mike, see Dr. Salib if you do go to ILBNC. Can anyone give me an estimate of how many hours a three level lumbar adr takes? I'm sure it varys tremendously, but just a ball park figure would be nice to know.
Thanks, Cindylou (I will figure out how to do a signature)
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:04 PM

Hi Cindy lou
I had 3 level a.d.r in Germany and the distraction pain that I had was rated there as one of the worst they had to deal with I was pumped up with so much morphin it did little for the pain I wouldn't wish this kind of pain on my worst enemy,but after 41/2 months the pain is still there but it is bearable and always getting better. good luck
Old 03-13-2007, 06:35 PM

Kevin,
I hope you continue to get stronger every day. That distraction pain sounds hideous. Stay strong.
Can anyone direct me towards published reports or scientific articles to boost my appeal with HealthPartners? Thanks!
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:54 PM

CindyLou:

I worked at St. Joe's Hospital for several years when I lived in Minnesota. I have been in the health care industry for close to thirty years.

Your best bet is to get as much evidence as possible about what your diagnosis is, what attempts you have made to resolve your issues to date, what your surgical options are, and why you believe the option you are choosing is the one in your best interest. Then you have to get a physician to support your theories and present your case. The more physicians to support your method of resolution the better. What works in your favor is if fusion is the only other alternative your athletiscism and the subsequent limitations of a fusion work in your favor.

I believe that is why Blue Cross paid for my surgery. I was in such good shape and a fusion would have severely limited my mobility and lifestyle. I was a great candidate for ADR Surgery. Blue Cross pays for one reason; "Medical Necessity".

Fight the Good Fight and don't give up.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5