ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 PM

Default Researching Options

Hello -
I am new to the forum and have absolutely zero experience posting on any forum. I sincerely appreciate and respect everyone's thoughts on the topic of ADR.
I just received Dr. Bertagnoli's opinion on my MRIs and he believes I need a 3-level ADR. I am researching all the options out there as I was told by 3 orthos that I need a 3-level fusion. If anyone can possibly give me Dr. Clavel's and Dr. Pimenta's contact info, I would sooooo appreciate it!!
2010: DDD L5-S1, L4-L5, L3-L4; RF; foraminotomy; disc decomp; told 3 level fusion only option
2012: Foot drop; chronic pain; researching alternatives
04.26.2012: 3 M6s at L5-S1, L4-L5, L3-L4 - Dr. Clavel - Barcelona!!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Default i had a three level fusion of the c spine

not everyones outcome is the same but my fusion has lead to ajacent level ddd. read about "Wolf's Law" i would have done adr if i had known my options. i have had one revison because of non fusion and another fusion because of ajacent level issues. so now i am a three level c spine fusion patient and none the better for it.
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany
Old 02-09-2012, 08:16 PM

Clavel: Contact & Arrangement Process | Bcn Spine Center

there's a link to the contact form there too
laidupdoc@gmail.com if my PM box is full

The content herein represents my professional thought and opinions in a general sense only; they do not constitute professional advice or services. if you need medical advice, please consult a licensed physician.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Cheryl, I am so sorry your fusion failed. I have been doing my research for a few weeks now. ADR seems to have come quite a ways considering how many devices I have to research. Of course, the research is over my head but I do hope to be absorbing the "nuts and bolts" of it.

Doc, thank you for the link. I just went onto the site and sent a note with my MRI I had done last Wednesday. Dr. B has already responded with his surgical opinion. I am very concerned about follow-up care and contact.
2010: DDD L5-S1, L4-L5, L3-L4; RF; foraminotomy; disc decomp; told 3 level fusion only option
2012: Foot drop; chronic pain; researching alternatives
04.26.2012: 3 M6s at L5-S1, L4-L5, L3-L4 - Dr. Clavel - Barcelona!!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:41 PM

I have had no problem w/ Dr Clavel getting back to me within a reasonable time frame. The 1 or 2 semi-urgent post-op concerns he responded to the same day. Obviously there's a time difference and he's in the OR or clinic a lot like surgeons here, but all in all I have been pleased with how he's handled my post-op concerns.

I'd recommend you review the thread Dingie started about follow-up care when you get home... though it seems cervical patients have fewer needs than lumbar ones. incision is less likely to have issues due to location, faster recovery time, easier to rest and treat neck/arm issues than butt/hip/leg.
laidupdoc@gmail.com if my PM box is full

The content herein represents my professional thought and opinions in a general sense only; they do not constitute professional advice or services. if you need medical advice, please consult a licensed physician.