ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:11 PM

Gillian
I will chime in here and yes I have defintely noticed an increase in pain at this time of my cycle. I had actually been compensating pretty well this month with my regimen and had a flare up and could not figure it out and wala! the lovely time hit and I figured it out!
I use moist heat which is much more penetrating than dry heat to my abdomen and ice on my back at the same time. Wierd it sounds but it works.
Castor oil heated on flannel cloths to the abdomen is an old homeopathic remedy that helps this also. NSAIDS are good to add as others have stated. A nice hot bath with some lavender and rosemary essential oils.
Damiana tea and Valerian with passion flower capsules have helped me too.
PM me if you have any questions about these
Hope this helps
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion
Old 10-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Banned

I had always had some backache or anterior thigh heaviness/aching prior to menses. Of course I could understand w/the abdominal/back part as the my uterus is retroverted and of course the uterus swells a bit so structure is slightly bigger, and the cramps, which I seemed to mostly get back cramps vs. abd. cramping over the years.

Worsened with onset of menopause, esp. towards the end of perimenopause however, with menopause, finally this has been relieved.

So what was that, started menses at 14, ended at 49.. hmmm, just 35 years w/similar symptoms as you've mentioned!!!

Oh yes, what really helped tho was taken off the market was Vioxx. Knocked that cramping back pain during menses right out!!!