ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Banned

For anyone interested...

Various lumbar supports and chairs might make sitting more supportive and comfortable but there is a sitting cushion with the tailbone section cut out, that for me, doubles my sitting time. I keep one in my car and one in my home. I buy them at the Relax the Back store but could not find it on their website, relaxtheback.com.

Quality does matter because you definitely don't want the cushion to flatten and not do its job. I've purchased poor substitutes from other catalogues and threw them out shortly thereafter.

It takes some of the pressure off of your tailbone while sitting. They were invaluable to me pre-surgery and now, post-surgery too. I think they come in 2 width sizes and sell for $35-45.

If you have trouble or pain while sitting, you might want to give it a try.

Good luck to all, Dale
Old 02-22-2006, 11:10 PM

Thanks, Dale. Good idea. I'm back to work and sit all day (with lots of breaks and a couch in my office too). I'll check it out and maybe add it to my collection. I love Relax the Back store!

Hope you're doing well.

Good health,
Anne
Old 02-25-2006, 04:01 PM

Isn't that also called a doughnut? The kind of pillow you get after childbirth for example, or is it something different?
Old 02-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Banned

This is something different. A doughnut is round and has the middle cut out. This pillow is either square or a rectangle, depending on which width you get and has the tailbone section cut out. The straight back end of the pillow has a U missing out of the center. The left, front and right sides of the pillow are straight. The pillow is also wedged with the front narrower than the back.

If you can't picture it, email me and I'll draw you a picture.
Dale
Old 02-28-2006, 01:54 PM

I can't get my mind around that, let alone my bottom
Old 02-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Banned

I drew a picture of the cushion but can't insert it in a pm. I need your email address to insert a picture... unless someone can tell me how to do it another way.

If you're interested, email me at steugirl@pacbell.net.
Dale