ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Banned

The craziest thing has happened to me... not only am I sleeping much better but I also have been able to walk 1-2 hours/day lately which I can usually only do after getting an ESI.

I just wonder if there is any correlation between my new bed and how I'm sleeping and the lack of pain? Of course it's probably a fluke because if you took away my pain meds, likely I'd be resting in that really nice bed of mine more than I like or all day!

Whatever is going on, it feels good. Now the only thing is that the more I walk, the more my neck seems to hurt!

Weird, huh? Oh, I do have really good walking shoes tho I probably have really bad walking posture/technique and my feet and knees/legs seem to wear out faster than my back..
Old 07-27-2005, 10:06 AM

Good to hear it. I am presuming that your mattress is the 2005 Simmons Beauty Rest (Bagnell Visco Plush) firm mattress that you mentioned in another recent post?

I am just the opposite, unfortunately. Tried out a couple of tempurpedic mattresses, and they seem pretty good. Planning on trying out the full line (Classic, Deluxe, Celebrity, and the Brookstone specific models as well) sometime this weekend before I make any decisions though.

David
Old 07-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Banned

David,
I had been used to a very firm bed, with little plush feeling altho it was a pillow top and a good one. So when I first switched to this mattress, I felt it was too plush on the top and not firm enough, however, at the one month mark now, I'm very satisfied with the comfort level of this bed~ it's just wonderful to go to sleep and actually get up only one time at night maybe ve. the multiple times I was getting up because I had grown so unfortable (in pain) in my back with my old bed.
Good luck trying out beds out. I suggest not buying from anyone who doesn't offer a return policy and even then read it well as the salesperson might just tell you something like you can return the mattress for any other within 30-60 days after purchase tho if you read the sales agreement it might say something to the effect " mattress may be returned within 60day period for equal or greater cost mattress" and of course as long as it's not damaged..
Buyer beware, esp. when it comes to a bed and a car~ two things spineys really need to be comfortable!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:58 AM

Mariaa and David,

Just call me the Princess and the Pea or is it Goldie Lox. Last summer (before my accident) I bought a new bed in hopes it would help my back pain, not knowing what was brewing in my back. After 2 weeks it was too firm and I returned it for a serta perfect sleeper with a euro-top that has tempurpedic built into the euro-top. It was more expensive. At first it was too soft but now that is where you can find me most of the time I love it.

BLW I slept on a tempurpedic at Dan�s house (in his guest room) I would not recommend it. It was too soft and not supportive enough for me I was happy to be home.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 07-28-2005, 08:33 AM

Any chance you would know which Tempurpedic model is was that you thought was too soft and not supportive enough?

I ask because there are 3 models:

--Classic
--Deluxe
--Celebrity

Where basically the classic is described as having a "firmer" feel, and the celebrity is described as having the "most plush" feel.

Thanks.

David
Old 07-28-2005, 01:54 PM

I believe mine is the classic model. I don't like soft beds either and don't consider this too soft, Paulette must sleep on a board! j/k
Charite @ L5-S1 8/2/05 with Dr. Regan
Struggling with facet joint pain.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:56 PM

Heh. Thanks for the info.

As of right this moment, I am leaning towards the Deluxe or celebrity model.

Pretty sure most places that sell tempurpedic will let you return it after 60-90 days if you don't like it, which sounds like a good deal to me....

David
Old 07-28-2005, 02:07 PM

Dan and David,

No not a board......I'm just a little bit of a princess.......
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything