ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 11-13-2005, 04:05 PM

Default cost of adr Germany

hi guys
i wondering the total costs involed going to Germany to see dr b. or dr z. for a single level adr l4/l5.
myseft and wife traveling.
many thanks chuck
Old 11-13-2005, 04:35 PM

There is a lot of information if you look back through the posts about how much everyone paid.
I went to see Dr. Z for a consult and was told it would be almost 30K U.S. for a two level. Of course, they charge in euros so the exchange rate makes a big difference. Most everyone who actually had the surgery said the estimated was cost was either right on or very close to what they were actually billed. I think a one level was quoted at 6 or 7K less. Then of course you have air fare to munich and your stay. I think it cost me about 700 per person round trip from DC about 6 months ago and then my hotel was about 100 a night. Some people who stayed longer after the surgery to do PT at the alfaklinik indicated they were able to get some deals on a month long stay. But that should give you an idea. You should be looking at under 30K but definitely in the 20s.

Check the surgical outcomes for people who had surgery over there or do a search and you should get some more specifics.

Good luck.

Feeling great!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:40 PM

If you look at the AK website they quote you prices there. For a single level ADR L5/S1, I paid (For everything medical) £9,000 = $15683.4 USD

There is your hotel and flight to add on to that. The AK website is in the FAQ`s , they will always quote you upon seeing your X-rays also
Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 11-14-2005, 06:08 AM

I paid 24,000 uros or $30,000.00 US for Two level done 14 months ago. that included soup to nuts. I got there on one pass miles. Good Luck. Rob from New Jersey
Old 11-15-2005, 03:23 PM

There is a link here to the Alphaklinik website, and prices

http://www.alphaklinik.com/en/hoogla...ost_of_surgery

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 11-15-2005, 04:16 PM

thanks guys
i see dr balderston on dec 6 for my other options and or a ref to dr b in austia insurance was no dice here with blue crap.or i would have had no problems with dr balderston doing the adr
chuck
Old 11-16-2005, 05:59 AM

We are still in Germany. My mom had 2 levels with D'r. Zeegers.

She is doing very well. Her vascular system was complex and I would bet my last Dr. that had we not been with Dr. Zeegers, she would have never received one of the ADRs. And the other ADR she received....the US Drs said it could only be fused.

It is and was money well spent and we are only 12 days post op. I wouldn�t think twice.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:05 AM

Hi toomuchpain,
I'm here rooting for you and your mom, do you fly home of a weekend? I'm sending warm and positive thoughts for a good trip back to the USA
Best wishes,
Alastair

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 08-19-2009, 04:36 AM

Default kate

Hello people,

I am waiting to get into the UK ADR place, but I see alistare is busy here too!

I was injured at work in march- originally thought to have torn my trapezium- however 8 weeks later I had altered arm sensation. 1 MRI later I have DDD c4/5 c5/6, but I waass told not to worry- every one has this and I'd be right in 4- 8 wks. Ihad physio for 8 weeks may-july some help, enjoyed some pain free weeks, was walking and swimming, then they told me to try to weight bare again, and here the problems began, pain with this and two days down time to recoup. Then at the beginning of august my leg and arm went, blurred vision, stumbling to affected side, shoulder dropped 2 inches, also my hand king of contracted and I could not type without really forcing my fingers and my arm was very cold- hospital for ?TIA/STROKE (I am 35 and an icu nurse). They decided I needed a LP, which I could not decern the rational for, so said no- but did have a neuro reg look me over- his reply was his neck was probably worse than mine, I was "nervous", so I should go and enjoy my life (never mind my gammy rt side!) a week prior to this I had a CS xray, my disc looks to have prolapsed at c5/6 and my vertebra are touching now (but there is nothing wrong with my neck!) But they did prescribe lyrica - at 400 euros a month no thankyou- I did not apply for medical assisstance as I expected to be back at work already. Have done so now.

Amyway I rested once I escaped hospital and mega hydrated- I find this always helps!? and 4 days later normal shoulder and rt side. Happy days

Then last week I was taking a walk into town, when my rt leg started to drag/ play up, rt leg pain ++, I carried on, then the most almighty electric shock in my left side and blacked out for a second and nearly fell over. I would not return to the hospital where I have been labeled nervous with nothing wrong. (I live in the west of Ireland- only one hospital choice!) They said if it was spinal cord compression I would not have bladder or bowel control- liars, liars.....

Since then I have no balance, and a whole fun fare of altered sensations on my rt arm and leg.Pain has increased but not too horrendous- diclofenac and diazepam for the now very very severe muscle spasms in my shoulders, back.

I used to work in Harley St and knew of a neurosurgeon there ( in ireland I am paying and still have to wait months- also as there is nothing wrong!? my gp has not contacted him for more urgent appointment) So I am off to London on sunday and am seeing MR Plev, second in command to Mr J Suttcliffe- as he is away.

questions people

Does flying make it worse- does cabin pressure maybe put more pressure on your discs

I am freeing what money I can as I think I have cervical myelopathy and will need a one or two level ADR

I can think of nothing else it could be other than CM- any other theories

Is there any point in going the injection root - not a cure, just symptom control, I cannot pay for experiments and then pay for surgery.

has anybody been to MR PLev, and do you think less than 20,000 pounds will cover it in harley st, I cannot be going all over to visit and assess now I have no balance, cannot drive or go out unaided.

Anyway the sites are great and its nice to have found support for my nervousness!!!!!

kate very acurate description- except I just go rt! this is the aim!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 AM

What about Gelenk Klinik in Germany?

They look dirt cheap, 12.500 euro for single ADR M6, including pre, during and postoperative hospitalisation costs.

Anybody know their reputation??