ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-14-2005, 10:08 PM

I have been having a hard couple of days. Having a hard time getting my pain under control. I saw my doctor today and he increased my neurontin form 400mg to 600mg a day. 400mg at bed time and 200mg in the morning when I get up. I pray that helps. I have not heard anything from my insurance regarding my appeal either. I hope thats a positive thing. They told me I would hear last week. I'm scared to call and find out the status because I am afraid they are going to tell me they denied it again. So I sit and wait for the letter in the mail. Meanwhile I am physically maxed with this pain and trying to remain mentally strong and stay hopeful. It's now when it's hard to walk through this process with the insurance company when I know how easy it would be to say "ok, lets do the fusion". Just to take the pain away. But, tomorrow is a new day and I hope for a "good" day.

Thank you all for listening and your support. My heart goes out to each and every one of you. I am blessed to have made a few new friends from this site and hope to make more. If I can be of help to anyone please holler. Helps to get me out of myself and focus on others.

Chow for now.

ADR June 15, 2005 WOOOO HOOOOO
Herrniated L5-S1, Tear in Annulus
Old 02-14-2005, 10:57 PM

Nichole,

Please do not be afraid to pick up the phone and find out the status of your appeal. If they did deny it, it will be that much sooner you can develop a stronger appeal. I will say a prayer for you. I am having a very painful time right now and I can really empathize with you. I have found that insurance companies will drag their feet as long as you will let them. Best of luck. I really hope you have a favorable report to give soon.

Blessings,
Linda

10-02 - ProDiscs L4/5 and L5/S1 - FDA study - disks placed incorrectly which
caused problem at L3/4 and L2/3
01-05 - ProDiscs at C5/6 and C6/7 in Germany - seems to be working fine so far
Bedbound from 09-06 until 10-08 due to severe pain and weakness
09-08 - Had Fibrin sealant done at L3/4 and L2/3 After 6 weeks - much success!
Hoping and praying that the lumbar revision surgery that was scheduled with Dr. Regan
can be indefinitely postponed
Old 02-15-2005, 01:09 AM

Nichole,
We hear you and understand. One night my pain was so fierce I started to panic and thought, "how will I sleep, how will I make through the night", then I thought further, "how will I make it to the next minute!" Every second seemed like an eternity. As you say, I was physically maxed with the pain.

I agree with Linda. Call the insurance company and get that status.

Jim
Old 02-15-2005, 08:06 AM

Nicole

I too am getting physically maxed with the pain and anticipating my surgery, and know exactly how you feel. I hope you will be able to get your insurance to get this taken care of soon.

Laura
Old 02-15-2005, 08:23 AM

I totally understand what you are going through Nicole. I am on 300mg of Neurontin twice a day, with 75mg of Diclofenac twice a day, and still dont get a lot of relief.

My biggest issue lately is nausea, seems when the back barks real bad, my stomach protests also.

My doctor is waiting for the Feb. Insurance Co. meeting before filing my appeal for me. He contacted Charite, they sent him a 60 page packet to fill out for the insurance companies, and said he may want to wait until this meeting to see if they decide if they will take the "experimental - not covered" off of this procedure.....

As for now, I will wait patiently and painfully until month end....

Good Luck!!
John
Lost all ADR Appeals w/ UHC PLIF Fusion L5-S1 on 5/17/05.
Pars Defect L3-L4
DDD L3-L4 L4-L5
3 LVL Fusion Scheduled 4/08
Old 02-15-2005, 07:28 PM

Hi Nichole,

I was going to wait and write you at my normal pain awake time 2-5am but this may be a good across the board sharer. Not my insurance problem solved while praying today, but the cell phone rang way in the other part of the house, and I barely heard it. Guess who? The doc I thought had abandoned me for five weeks. I have learned patience and kill them with kindness over the past 10 years but let me learn to practice it today through everyone's trials and successes I might meet here. I pray and hope that all that is good is working behind the scenes for you, Nichole. Hope = Attitude and Focus. JL
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue
Old 02-18-2005, 03:20 PM

JL, thank you. Thank you all.

ADR June 15, 2005 WOOOO HOOOOO
Herrniated L5-S1, Tear in Annulus