ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:27 PM

I just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to this discussion forum. My name is Anna and I am suffering from Degenerative Disk Disease. I had surgery just to clean out the pieces that had fallen apart and I now have 1/4 of the disk left. It is the L5-S1 disk. I have had problems off and on since but nothing that lasted. Three and a half weeks ago my back went out and I have had severe nerve pain since. I have not been ableto get out of the bed accept to go to the bathroom and back to the bed. It is very difficult because I have an eight month old son. I do have extensive sciatic nerve damage because of being made to wait seventeen weeks to have surgery the first time around. I was only seventeen at the time. I am going to see a neurosurgion in the morning and I want to get as much information as I can about ADR's before I go because I want to be able to talk to him about it and know what kind of questions to ask as well as have some knowledge when I go in there. Thank you for any help anyone can give me.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:19 AM

Anna

Greetings and welcome!

Your best bet, to start, is to go to our FAQ's (the one directly under the Article Library) and read, read, read. You can use the Search function as well, and I strongly recommend it.

Let us know how it went at your NS.

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Anna, welcome! You may find the articles in this section helpful too -- including the paper on surgical placement of the Charite artificial disc:

http://www.adrsupport.org/content.asp?cid=198

Happy reading!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 03-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Banned

Welcome Anna,

I'm so sorry for your pain and having once had 3 8 month olds, I can't imagine how your coping. Aside for the valuable information you'll find here on this forum, you'll also find support and constructive, and maybe even a few nonconstructive, ideas. I've also emailed you privately. Please keep us posted and good luck.

Dale