ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:57 PM

wow, that is awesome news justin! you know you're a spiney when a call from Dr. B and potentially more surgery is "awesome" news and it's above the "good" news of improved vision!

great in my life right now:

we finally received a lot of much needed rain and snow in san francisco and the sierras the past few days. i LOVE the air in SF after it rains. although i live in a small apt, i can see a small section of the pacific ocean from my apt even though it's 2 miles away and i'm watching a beautiful sunset right now (w/wine since this is a celebration thread). i love sunsets and i am blessed to live in this city.

also fortunate that i still have amazing friends and family in my life even though chronic pain has changed me as a person. they support me but also distract me and still make me laugh the way i used to (i have a big laugh).

wishing everyone happy holidays and less pain in 2009!

liz
2009 L4-5 Prodisc ADR removed and revised to XLIF w/posterior instrumentation
massive hemorrhage from tear of inferior vena cava at right iliac vein due to adhesion from Prodisc op
2010 not fused; as a result of complications permanent nerve damage to lumbar plexus causing severe rt leg, hip, groin pain

Last edited by Liz; 12-15-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:33 PM

Default Phone call

Good luck with your consultation!
04/07 Recurrent Disc L5/S1
4 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 5 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 L4/5 & L5/S1 Maverick disc at Stenum
Old 12-15-2008, 10:35 PM

Thank-you Justin. Great idea.

1. I am thankful for my supportive husband and grown children, who love me dearly.
2. I am over the moon about being a Grandma, sometime in early March. First time.
3. I am extremely grateful for all the good folks on this forum who give me hope.
4. I am thankful for the blast of winter we got up at the cabin this weekend, which snowed us in, and stranded us for an extra day and night.
5. And so much more.....

Cindylou
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:58 PM

May the Good Lord bless us and watch over us this Christmas and Holiday Season. Let us also be mindful of the needs of others.

This is going to be a horrible year for some people due to the economy and losing their jobs. Please think about that when you pass by the Salvation Army buckets this year. There is nothing worse than having a rich country and seeing good people going hungry. Any of us could be one paycheck from being homeless ourselves.

Sorry for sounding preachy. The Rotarian is coming out in me.

United we stand, divided we fail/fall.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5
Old 12-16-2008, 05:14 AM

Justin, Thank you for such a lovely idea. Good luck on your consultation.

I am so thankful for my husband of 35 years who is standing by me throughout all the problems with my back, neck, and other assorted parts.

I am also thankful for finding this site because many times your friends just don't get it, nor do I expect them to. The support from this site is wonderful due to all the great people here.

Lastly, my grown children, 30, 28, and 25 who still call and need Mom. It always feels so good when they call to run by something fun, exciting, or painful. It is wonderful to feel needed and get outside myself.

Happy Holidays to all
Phylly
Prodisc ADR surgery L4-L5-S1 November 2007
Decompression surgery L4-S1 for left sided sciatica July 2008
Continued back and leg pain, looking at possible fusion
Removal of Prodiscs and L4-S1 fusion February 2009
Old 12-16-2008, 07:15 AM

Justin, great idea and good luck with your consult with Dr B,

I am thankful for my amazingly supportive family, particularly my mum, dad, brother and nana. they were amazing through this whole process and mum/dad looked after me for 6wks following my op. I love them all so much.

I am thankful for my health and an excellent outcome thus far (touch wood). I'm working fulltime again and doing some personal training around my work. I am drugfree and dont even think about carrying them in my bag anymore. I can play tennis and golf (abit so far) and get out on my bike.

I am also thankful for the great friends and work colleagues that i have. through this whole process my employer has been 100% supportive, as have all of my work colleagues. They still frown at me if i try to do too much, without being patronizing about my limitations at the same time.

A special mention also goes to Clive, my osteopath. He has treated me almost weekly at no cost for the last 18months (except the last two months as ive had no reason to see him, rock on). he enabled me to keep functioning as much as i could through the difficult times

i also need to give thanks to ACC, the NZ governments accident insurance as they have said 'yes' to everything that has been requested of them either by me or my med team.

And i am able to think about my future again, its no longer about just surviving...

To all the people tha make adr support (special mention to harrison), this site has been amazing for the support and information it has provided.

I wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year. I hope 2009 brings positive outcomes and resolutions.

Rachel
L4/5, L5/S1 disc prolapses post wakeboarding accident Oct 06 (grade 5 and grade 4 annular disruption, repectively). 2X epidural steroid injections, lots of drugs and conservative treatment, positive discogram. Surgery May 08 (L4/5 A-Mav disc replacement and L5/S1 ALIF)
Old 12-16-2008, 03:25 PM

Default Short and Sweet

1. I have my job still.
  2. My wife has her job also.
  3. I do not use credit cards.
  4. My neck is fixed.
  5. My adult children are still model citizens.
  6. I bought a Wii for Christmas.
  7. My 42" flat screen was repairable.
  8. Walmart sells tires cheap.
  9. Gas prices are down.
  10. Everyone here is so special to each other.
With all that and hundreds more, the good Lord has blessed us all with the gift of Life. That alone is worth it all.

Diagnosed with DDD in Nov, 2007. MRI, EMG
C3/4 C4/5 C5/6 C6/7
Surgery 06.04.08--C5/6 and C6/7 with Prodisc was a success.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:06 PM

Default I'm thankful for:

1. My husband who is hanging in with me and always having to gauge between 'oh, poor baby let me make you some tea' and 'quit moping and get off your keister'. I appreciate both attitudes even though he doesn't always select properly!

2. My sons, 18 and 20, who healthy and wise.

3. My Australian Shepherd, the best dog ever.

4. That we have a new president!!

Good luck, Justin!!
Idet 4/08 No improvement
Now looking at ADR vs. Fusion
ALIF Fusion 2/10 Stanford
Old 12-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Banned

Thanks for all of the well wishes. Dr. B has been tied up this week and I didn't hear from him yesterday. Bummer...

Oh well, more great news:

1) My wife received another interview for Physician's Assistant school!
2) One of my childhood friends called not too long ago to tell me he and his wife are having twins! I'm a twin, so this is too cool! However, it means I'm getting old.

Have a most wonderful (and low pain level) day everyone!