ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:49 AM

No, this isn't spam. I found this website upon thinking of a project for my Masters. Unfortunately for me, the site already exists. However, I wanted to pass it along to all of you who are having insurance issues. This could be an answer to your problems.

I know there are several insurance agencies that DO in fact cover ADR; one of them being Aetna. Aetna actually participates in this website that has the similar feel of Expedia or Sidestep for those familiar with the travel websites. It seems very simple to use. Enter your age and zip code, and it will return health insurance monthly quotes from health insurance companies.

So for all of you who have insurance through your employer, when it comes time to renew your health insurance with your employer's chosen plans, all you need to do is go to this site, and select your own coverage instead of going through your employer.

Please note, there does not seem to be anything illegitimate about this website. I've read several sites that speak of it's legitimacy and accuracy. There are some other sites that really give negative reviews to eHealthInsurance, though I'm not quite sure why.

Anyway, for those interested, please check out http://www.ehealthinsurance.com. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Thanks, Jeff! As well, for other folks, there is a list of "ADR Friendly" companies in the stickied topic in this forum. See http://adrsupport.org/eve/forums/a/t...1/m/8341080142
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 07-14-2007, 08:43 AM

Well, I'm taking a chance! I went ahead and applied to Aetna for a policy. Before doing so I spoke with a customer service person first. Due to the fact that I am on 3 meds he said they might reject me. But I am giving it a go. Also given the fact that I have a preexisting condition that is not resolved they might not accept me. The application process took me almost all day to complete since you have to disclose a 2-year history. We will see... The base price that they quote is $177 per month with a $2500 deductible but they also disclose that rate may be 25% to 50% more.
L5 S1 Partially sacralized
97' epidural injections
L3 L4 ruptured and torn
L4 L5 Almost no disk height left along with osteophytes
Left leg pain and tingling going down back of leg into heel & foot
3 appeals with BCBS no success Lost insurance.
Kaiser Permanente
L3-L4, L4-L5 Prodisc 9/18/09
C5-6 & C6-7 ruptured and looking at hybrid surgery fusion & Prestige ADR
Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 AM

Update!
I just got an email reply after my electronic application for Aetna health insurance. No big supprise but I was denied! I am still working on my appeal/request for independent medical review by the State of CA. Maybe I will be more successful there. I am sending the appeal to 7 people. Thank you Harrison for all of your suggestions in the Insurance Support Service. I had missed a few CC's and you gave me some great ideas to include. The fight is not over yet!

Abbe
L5 S1 Partially sacralized
97' epidural injections
L3 L4 ruptured and torn
L4 L5 Almost no disk height left along with osteophytes
Left leg pain and tingling going down back of leg into heel & foot
3 appeals with BCBS no success Lost insurance.
Kaiser Permanente
L3-L4, L4-L5 Prodisc 9/18/09
C5-6 & C6-7 ruptured and looking at hybrid surgery fusion & Prestige ADR
Old 07-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Thanks Abbe, every little bit counts in the seemingly impossible battle for coverage. Good luck, keep in touch.

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate