ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:16 AM

Mark,

Get some different opinions and then you will just have to weigh your options.
Sorry, that it looks like you need surgery.
Keep in mind, that there are different exclusions and inclusions for ADR.
Also that, i think doctors in Germany will operate on patients that surgeons here might not.
Each surgeon has his/her preference for surgeries. Do not be surprised that you may get varying opinons.
Do not get discouraged. Do your homework.
Remember we support you on here and I wish you luck. Will be prayin' for you.

Kimmers
Old 06-03-2009, 08:33 AM

Stenum Hospital now has my MRI's / etc. Now the waiting begins. I work rotating shiftwork so I am NOW at home from work. Last nite I thought I was going to have to go home again as the neck pain / headaches did not seem to want to go away. Believe it or not, three advil did the trick (after about 2 hours).

March 2011: Removal of previous M6 due to auto-fusing over implants. Fusion at C5-7 and new M6 ADRs at C4-5 and C7-T1 with Dr. Clavel

January 2013: Lumbar surgery with M6-L at L3-5 and single level BalanC at L2-3 with Dr. Clavel

Old 06-08-2009, 10:09 PM

I was approved today for two disc ADR at Stenum Hospital. I still have alot of thinking to do , but not alot of time. I would love to hear from some recent Stenum patients. thanks. Mark

March 2011: Removal of previous M6 due to auto-fusing over implants. Fusion at C5-7 and new M6 ADRs at C4-5 and C7-T1 with Dr. Clavel

January 2013: Lumbar surgery with M6-L at L3-5 and single level BalanC at L2-3 with Dr. Clavel

Old 06-09-2009, 09:39 AM

Mark,

I am a recent patient at Stenum. I can't say enough about the care I received there. The surgeon was top notch. I met a few cervical patients while there and all seemed to have successful outcomes.

There is a patient that went ove on May 15th that had a 2 level done. If it's okay with him (and you), I can get you in touch with him. That way you can have a firsthand account of his experience.

Good luck,

Bob
04/07 Recurrent Disc L5/S1
4 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 5 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 L4/5 & L5/S1 Maverick disc at Stenum
Old 06-09-2009, 02:08 PM

thank you so much. I appreciated that. It looks like surgery will more than likely be July 10th.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:00 AM

July 10th is the confirmed surgery date for Germany. We just bought our plane tickets. Kinda scary to think about, but Sue Hart from the Stenum Hospital gave me quite a few references. Many of them emailed, two of them called me and talked for quite awhile. That was wonderful.. very encouraging. The thing I have learned from all this is - Do your homework!! Not everything that you read on the internet is true. There are many people out there to provide awesome testimonials and support. The ultimate decision maker in all this is you so be prepared. I feel very comfortable with the decision to go to Germany and I am praying that all will be well. Mark