ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:50 PM

Wow! What an ordeal Cindy! I think you did a fine job and came out a winner I have been lurking and reading your posts. I am still in the insurance battle and go for nerve conduction tests tomorrow. Wish I could afford to go to Germany let alone have the surgery! I just went ahead and applied to Atnea.
Who knows!! Maybe I'll get lucky

Abbe
L5 S1 Partially sacralized
97' epidural injections
L3 L4 ruptured and torn
L4 L5 Almost no disk height left along with osteophytes
Left leg pain and tingling going down back of leg into heel & foot
3 appeals with BCBS no success Lost insurance.
Kaiser Permanente
L3-L4, L4-L5 Prodisc 9/18/09
C5-6 & C6-7 ruptured and looking at hybrid surgery fusion & Prestige ADR
Old 07-13-2007, 08:58 AM

Good luck with your nerve conduction tests today Abbe, and I hope you get lucky too! Thank-you for your kind words as well.

Chuck, I hope you don't find me "ungrateful" for pursuing and hoping for the whole compensation. I'm allowed to be disappointed, and $67,540 divided in half, and after taxes is more like $18,000 to $19,000, not $33,000. (we pay huge state taxes here in Minnesota) So, yeah, I'm more than a little disappointed, but I'll get over it. But I don't appreciate your words or tone, which implies to me that: #1, you consider me a whiner, and more importantly, #2, I am not at liberty to express myself honestly on this board.

Things are getting a little dicey with this whole thing because: my husband has had a more difficult time with it, and decided he wanted to write to the lady at HR, expressing his disappointment with the final decision. Well, she shot him an email back saying "how dare he be disappointed" blah, blah, blah, and putting the Pres. of the co. in this difficult position. And then where she really went WRONG, was she cc'ed a copy of it to Rick's boss (who knows nothing of this whole thing because, hello, HIPA)! and of course cc-ing it to the Pres., which she should. So, needless to say, my husband is livid for the HIPA violation, and I suspect he will request a meeting w/ the Pres. today. I had also remembered one night when I wasn't sleeping well, that she told me she had talked to her husband about it, asking him if he would have spent $70,000 on her if she had a bad back, and he said yes. Another HIPA violation, talking to her husband, who we also happen to have a relationship with as our insurance agent! What a mess. I sure hope my husband doesn't get fired today.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Banned

Hi Cindy,

I hope things work out for you. I truly think Chuck was being supportive and had the best intentions in his post.

Justin
Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Justin, well said. Cindy, thanks for sharing your story, and good luck during the coming days.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 07-17-2007, 08:19 AM

Well, nothing happened at the office. Rick took Monday off and went in for a short time this a.m. before he flies to east coast. So, he initially just wrote his cover letter for the "half" we are promised, and I have to get the bills from Bogen copied again to submit directly to the Pres, instead of the healthcare provider. I think Rick will then write some kind of note addressing how he thought it to be inappropriate for my "medical appeal stuff" to be forwarded to his boss, and maybe toss in a question like: "isn't that a violation of HIPAA?"

And, Chuck, to you, I am sorry if I misinterpreted your intentions about the refund appeal. I am clearly pretty "touchy" and sensitive about the whole issue. And thank-you Justin for your take on it. I do need to get this all behind me, that's for sure.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 PM

no problem cindy
and remember no hose pulling for a bit longer.
you are still very early on.
i was single level and was told 12 weeks before any man labor.
and remember PT will be very helpful as those back and core muscles need to be built up again.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5