ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:15 AM

I was wondering if anyone here has HealthNet? Specifically in the NY area. My husband has coverage through them and I may consider switching over to his plan (if his company still offers it) when he has open enrollment.

I contacted HealthNet a few months ago and asked if they covered TDR. I pulled the ICD-9 code for TDR off of their website. While they couldn't tell me whether or not HealthNet would pay for the surgery, they told me it was a billable code. I have no idea if this is something to get excited over or not, so I wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this. Thanks!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09
Old 09-03-2007, 10:10 AM

you probably know how to do this but click on find and type in healthnet, there is some discussion about it by a couple people.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop