ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:54 AM

As a UHC member, unfortunately, I have also been denied 3x's for ADR. The last denial from UHC was because not only is L4 severely herniated but L3 is torn as well. Along with the standard information that ADR surgery doesn't have the usual track record blah, blah, blah.... I almost consented to a fusion at the Univ. Of Miami when, believe it or not, I heard the small, still, peaceable voice of God putting a name in my spirit. It was the name of a chiropractor that I saw in '87 when I twinged my back a little. So, I went to see her. UHC paid for a procedure called Manipulation Under Anesthesia (about $25,000)with no co-pay on my part. For 3 mornings at 1 hour at a time, they put me out (disabled my defense mechanisms)an ortho and 2 chiros just bent and twisted, pulled and turned, etc. I want to let you guys know that I've been pain-free since Jan. The hardest part for me has been getting off the narcs. This procedure gave me my life back. I'm in no position to recommend any procedure to anyone else, but for me it was a desperate time. I do yoga religiously, ahd when I feel the tightening up in the lower back, I stop what I'm doing and stretch for 5 minutes. I just wanted to share this with you guys since this board has given me such hope and motivation over the past 5 years of absolute chaos. Thanks.