ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:56 PM

I have been having the worst leg & foot cramps for about a year now. I was wondering if anyone else here gets them as well? I asked my Dr. about it, & he says it's related to my back problems.

One night last week I could barely walk & ever since then, one of my toes feels cramped & numb. It's driving me crazy!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09
Old 10-17-2006, 02:40 AM

Hi Karin,
a simple thing to try might be to drink a glass of Indian tonic water twice a day morning and night. That has been known to cure leg cramps etc, if that does help then it could be a good idea if your doctor will prescribe the quinine sulphate tablets which are available and might be a little bit more helpful
Best,
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 10-20-2006, 07:34 PM

Definitely try the tonic or bitter lemon, they both contain small amounts of quinine, reported to help muscle cramping.
I take a magnesiun supplement (powder) called Fibroplex Plus made by Metagenics, don't know if it's available in the U.S. I also get crampy calves, under my feet and big toe. I believe it all comes from the tightness in my back, it pulls on everything!
I've just resorted to Trigger Point Injections to release some muscle spasms,It's on another post.
Maverick L4/5 Fusion L3/4
July 3 2006

Dynesys Stabilisation L4/5
Lt & Rt Facet Removal +Non-Bone Fusion L5/S1
May 26 2008
Old 10-21-2006, 07:55 PM

Thank you Alastair & Cathy for your responses. When I was in Germany this past summer, I had a leg cramp that lasted for days. It was ugly! This last incident with my foot was another four day affair.
I have never heard of Indian Tonic Water. I'll definately look into that and the quinine tablets. Thank you again for your time!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09
Old 10-22-2006, 01:49 AM

Indian Tonic water is sold in most drink shops and is a "Mixer" cheap and cheerful and it should say contains quinnine - -- nothing to do with Indians - -- - lol
Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/