ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 AM

Default Hi, new to ADR support,not to the pain.

Hi, new to ADR support,not to the pain. Almost 3 years ago I had L5-S1 replaced with Pro-disc L.I went to a orthopedic surgeon that had years of experience with backs however was new with Pro-disc, in fact I was his first.Went in had surgery in the afternoon insurance backed out and so I was released the next day(If I had gone over 24 hours in hospital insurance wouldn't pay).I had no physical therapy after surgery and was doing fairly OK and then the pain came back after a few months I have a clicking sound from the ADR and pain in back also down leg.

I have had x`rays spacing they say looks good, had MRI and things look OK (The ADR doesn't come up well on the MRI).I have to take pain medication or I wouldn't get out of bed.I feel like a zombie and dont know what to do at this point.Sorry for the novel but wanted to get all the info out so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.Thank you
Old 05-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Sorry for the delayed welcome, KP. As far as you know, does it look like the artificial disc is properly implanted? Have you exercised your legal rights by obtaining all your medical records, including your imaging studies? Get the XRay or MRI reports, read them carefully if you've not already.

Also, what are you doing for pain management? Tried the list of remedies (anti-inflammatories, natural, etc.)? Are you walking, eating a nutritious diet?

Hope this helps, don't mean to ask to many questions or give you too much homework!

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 05-12-2011, 04:48 PM

There are a couple of statements you've made that might be suspicious or might be nothing. You'll need to get you records to sort it out. X-ray is generally for checking placement, not spacing. Spacing is pretty much driven by the height of the Prodisc unless you have subsidence. MRIs are generally to check for adjacent level problems as you can't see much at the level of the ADR. They might have used a verbal shorthand and actually checked for what they should have checked or they might not have checked the correct stuff with those two techniques. You'll need both the radiologists written report and the films or digital images to really know.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog