ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:29 PM

Nevermind. I get degated.
2010: Discogram & MRI - S1 - L2 Lumbar DDD
2011: MRI same. Quality of life issue. Wake up middle of night with leg pain often.
2013: MRI. Had enough. Ready for surgery.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:36 AM

Harrison, I'm politically neutral. However, when I need some facts about anything political I go to this website.

Obamacare Myths

Fighting Premium Spin with More Spin

Is It ‘Illegal’ for Sebelius to Buy Exchange Plan?

http://www.factcheck.org/

Most folks jump in with mis-information and spread it as gospal. There are a bunch of good articles on the current site
Old 11-03-2013, 11:47 PM

Some facts on the Affordable Care Act that may answer questions about what is and is not covered. First, however, I must explain leave a link to explain the source behind these facts.

The Annenberg Foundation and its popular “FactCheck.org” website has been a reliable site to get vetted and well researched facts on public policy. Here I have found many investigations into the Affordable Care Act and what it will and will not cover.

Once you've read it for yourself you will gain the POWER of knowledge.

Last edited by Harrison; 11-04-2013 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Edited for brevity / too many links to encourage abuse by spambots
Old 11-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the links. I am not "political" either, but I am decidedly and 100% against the beast called the ACA.

This cancer patient is also apolitical, but the ACA is literally the death of her:

You Also Can't Keep Your Doctor

I had great cancer doctors and health insurance. My plan was cancelled. Now I worry how long I'll live.

A Stage-4 Gallblader Cancer Survivor Says: I Am One of ObamaCare's Losers - WSJ.com
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 11-08-2013, 08:41 PM

Default Health Care

I truly believe that the inability to get a good outcome, such as an M6, in the USA is a DIRECT result of Regulations and Political crony kickbacks.

The USA developed the M6, and they have been using this in Europe for several years.

There is no other reason, if someone has information, regarding this 'non-allowance' of the best ADR to date, please fill me in.

Jerry
Old 11-08-2013, 09:45 PM

I can't imagine how taxing medical devices can make medical care affordable?

Second to last question in the link explains its impact.

"Q: How will the economy impact innovation?

HB: We are going to see consolidation between implant companies. Most spine companies will go to a direct model to pay sales reps and keep profits. Maintaining high implant costs will be difficult as hospitals are hiring more surgeons. This in effect allows hospitals to dictate pricing and implant usage. The decreased margin and the Obama device tax will hurt the bottom line and mean less innovation, less educational grants and probably less company sponsored meetings. On the sales side, this means that salaries will be lower and possibly capped. It probably means that the quality of the sales representative and service will suffer."

The Future of Spine Innovation: Q&A With Dr. Hyun Bae of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
C4/5: moderate left neural foramina narrowing
C5/6 moderate canal stenosis and severe bilateral neural foramina narrowing
C6/7 moderate canal stenosis and severe bilateral neural foramina narrowing
C7/T1: Unremarkable
Old 11-09-2013, 11:44 AM

Default Less innovation

the Obama device tax will hurt the bottom line and mean less innovation
-----------

This is the whole purpose, to destroy the medical industry.

All the more reason to repeal the ACA.

Repeal the McCarren Ferguson Act, get the State Commissioners out of the Medical Industry.

TORT REFORM

Across state Lines Medical (not health) insurance.

Health is Preventative, (Nutrition, seeing your Dr, taking care of yourself, managed care, this could be done directly, with no middle man, with a Dr)
Medical Insurance is for Catastrophic needs, car accident, etc.

The USA needs a 180, this is over the top, IMO, this ACA is designed to crush the private medical industry, (along with other policies) and make it Single Payer.

My take.

Jerry