ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:19 PM

Default L2-3

drew,
said it was the L1/2 and L2/3. It is strange new mechanical instability there along with increased aches now which sucks. I feel like my entire spine now is deciding to give up.
---------------------------

Exactly, this is what happened to my L2-3, they won't tell you this, but the L5-1 and maybe, in some cases, the L4-5, get so little, and have so little movement, that the upper lumbar takes a beating, this is like fusing the lower discs, this will cause less motion and increased stress on the upper levels.

Did you have to deal with the insurance companies?, I did and they DENY any claim, I paid money for articles and provided enough information to fill a book, no use.

Time to move on, I have had a discectomy, I can do this, time to go to Germany, the date offered is July 22, but I would hope to go sooner, we'll see.

Time to get rid of the pain pills.

All the best.

L2-3 herniation, two days before Thanksgiving, 2012, Discectomy/Laminectomy, 3/13 Numbness in the right leg, lateral femoral, gone, July 10, 2014 L45 M6 ADR, July 15 PLIF L5-S1, Not able to access L51 Anterior.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:09 PM

Default Best wishes

I have followed your posts as a fellow east bay resident and spine patient. Wishing you well for a great outcome. It seems you have done your due diligence in your decision making.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:38 PM

Thanks. There are no perfect solutions to anything and what I've learned so far is that investigation is one thing but ignorance is bliss, in the end.

The crossroads of my catch 22, is that the M6 is great but you need good bone health. The Activ L is great but my blood tests show slight reactivity to chrome and nickel.

So, do you flip a coin?

A lot of people I've talked to have done neither the DEXA bone scan or the metal analysis test. Just got their ADRs.

So... Ignorance, is it bliss or not? There is no predicting the future. You just must live your life as it comes at you.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:46 AM

Leaving the 6th. Could stay till the 30th if I want to.

Questions.

1) how much euro walking money should I take with me for that long?

2) may sound stupid, but will hotels and restaurants take most credit cards we use here in the States?

Yeah, I don't get out much.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:01 PM

Cool Spain questions

Leaving the 6th. Could stay till the 30th if I want to.

Questions.

1) how much euro walking money should I take with me for that long? You dont need to take a boatload of money or exchange. Most cards are taken but I would use cash. (Euros) all you need is a discover card and go to a La casxa. They are like mini banks/ATMs. Stay away from the exchange places casue they all have diff rates. Discover doesn't charge for the exchange and the machine spits out the Euros. I would take a couple of backup cards too. Make sure you call your card companies and tell them you are traveling abroad.

Walk around money i would just get 300-500 Euro at a time. No need to walk around with alot. Typical nice dinner will run about 50-80 Euro for two max and more like 40, depending on your level of alcohol consumption. If your staying at AKO which is real nice (in my opinion) Ive stayed in 5 different hotels and one High end on LaRambla (wasn't worth the money).

Stick with the Cafes for breakfast (most hotels provide continental bfast anyway) or late lunch. Venture out and make looking for Cafes part of your walking exercise. If you wind up too far from hotel or get tired then grab a taxi. If you want to see the Med then take a taxi and try walking back.

2) may sound stupid, but will hotels and restaurants take most credit cards we use here in the States? Hotels will take the cards. Amex, Discover etc. see above

Yeah, I don't get out much.

Drew, you can always call me Im around all day. Hey and the good news is your getting fixed!!!!!
Cervical herniation symptoms 2011
C5-7 M6C by Dr Clavel on June 5 2013
L3-5 M6L by Dr. Clavel on 12.18.13
Living life instead of living the condition
Old 06-30-2014, 09:45 PM

Sweet! Hey, bring me back some paella.

Holla!
- Torn ligaments in SI joint
- PRP injections at SI joint
- Tarlov cysts on sacrum
- Lumbar stenosis
- L4/L5 ADR Feb 25, 2014 with Dr. Bierstedt.
http://iansroadback.blogspot.com
Old 07-08-2014, 09:47 AM

Hi Drew,
You must be in the hospital prepping for tomorrow's surgery. There are many of us rooting for you. I am absolutely confident that Dr. Clavel will do right by you and perform a surgery like no other, perfect for your individual needs. We anxiously await good news and progress from you when you are able to post. The best of luck to you.
2013/2014 – Dessication and significant disc height loss at L4-L5 & L5-S1; L3-L4 disc bulge with hypertrophy; mild spinal stenosis; Grade 1 anterolisthesis (3mm); L4-L5 - marginal spurring and moderate hypertrophy causing neuroforaminal narrowing; L5-S1 - moderate-severe neuroforaminal narrowing; lumbar lordosis is straightening.

New pains & functional limitations in late 2013 led to exploring ADR procedures. Consulted with 8 surgeons domestically and 9 in Europe.
May 2014 – Anterior and posterior incisions in a 5-hour surgery resulted in 2 M-6s and one facet joint prosthesis (dynamic stabilization system). On the road to full recovery.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:49 PM

Default adr

Good luck man!!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:31 PM

Default Batter up

Well your time has come Drew. I have no doubt that happier days are ahead. Sent you a PM
Un-diagnosed til 09. (Cannot sit)
Low back pain mild until 2011 - pull started a generator from knees.
rhizotomy Nov 2011 - zilch
Facet joint inj. 18 mo. (no impact)
Can only stand/walk for approx. 30 min
21 hrs/day in bed
L3-5 Activ-Ls (April 2014) Dr Zeegers - walk every day, swim 3 x week. Pain free, no pain meds. Extremely pleased with my decision
Old 07-09-2014, 08:39 AM

Drew, good luck today. I know you're going to do great!
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011