ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:14 PM

I am currently seeing a doctor through workers comp and have been approved to get a 4 level cervical fusion C3-C7, I found this forum and all this great information while I was waiting for my fusion to be approved. Now I have changed my mind and would like to have Dr Bertagnoli do my sugery, has anybody worked with workers comp and getting ADR in Germany. I really don't want to go through the whole process with workers comp to get approval for surgery in Germany, that could take another year or longer, who knows. I was thinking of paying out of pocket and get a settlement with workers comp after all is done, any suggestions would be great. Thanks
Old 08-10-2007, 11:30 PM

I am in California and facing exactly the same situation with exactly the same levels. Since ADR has just been approved only approved for one cervical level in the U.S., your chances of getting WC to pay for it up front are not good. In addition, my WC attorney said that if you seek medical attention outside your list of doctors and surgeons, WC will pay NOTHING, not even temporary disability benefits.

You need a WC attorney if you decide to fight the system.
New injury + re-injury C3-7 in 8-06, initially causing "claw hand."
Latest MRI shows: 4.5mm disc protrusion,
Old 08-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Banned

Hi Junk Back,

Freshly back from a vacation which was much less than that (long story)

If you're looking to go to Europe for cervical fusion or ADR, you should know that there are other high-quality, significantly cheaper options that Germany.

The NS I work for has over 20 years experience in ALIF and has performed the world's first two four-level Mobi-C surgeries (the first on a patient from this Board, back in January, also from CA ), and I can guarantee you that the prices are much lower than what you will find in Germany. He's highly skilled and very humane to boot.

If interested, PM me and I can put you in touch with the patients he's operated on and those he has advised (at no charge, by the way).

Good luck!

Trace