ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-06-2023, 11:39 AM

Default I think I’m ready for an ADR

Hi all you helpful people. I haven’t been working at my RN job since 12/10 due to LBP and I think I’m ready for a 2-level ADR at TBI. I went there for a consult last month, and Dr. Guyer said to come back when my problems start happening every month. Unlike every other time my back has gone out in the past, it hasn’t gotten better. In fact, it seems to be getting worse - and fast. More intense burning on the bottom of my foot, more painful aching in my SI joint radiating out to my hip, and less tolerance for any sitting. So I just emailed TBI yesterday to let him know that I’m desperate enough now (or crazy enough??). The posts I’ve read here have been a very big help. My neurosurgeon in my own city doesn’t think any lumbar ADRs should be done. The conflicting opinions have been a bit bewildering. I like reading opinions from people who’ve actually done it.

I’ll keep you all informed as I begin this process!
Old 03-06-2023, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Lightbulb

Hey Jen,

Thanks for posting. Yes, it can be bewildering trying to figure out next steps. A small hint:

https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/search.php

How are you doing for pain management? Have you cycled though the safer NSAIDs to find what works? Have you tried traction?
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 03-08-2023, 10:36 AM

Harrison,

I’ve been doing inversion on my inversion table for 3 years, as well as taking 600-800 mg ibuprofen 1-2x daily for LBP and sciatic pain. I used to have sciatic pain in my right leg before using the inversion table. Now it’s in my left leg. I guess this makes sense since in 2021 my MRI showed foraminal stenosis off the right side in L4/5, but no L5/S1 problems. My 2023 MRI showed foraminal stenosis off the left side of L5/S1 plus DDD in both. The inversion table still feels nice, but it hasn’t helped this new intense burning down my left leg.
Old 03-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Wow, Jen, that sounds like what I did in 2003-2004! I totally get it. What's your latest next steps?
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 03-10-2023, 10:18 AM

I’m taking Gabapentin at night for sciatic pain. It works well enough I guess, but my sciatic pain always gets better when I’m lying down. Sitting is was makes it the worst, but Gabapentin makes me drowsy so I don’t take it during the day.
I also did a nerve study that shows nerve damage and a missing reflex in my left leg. This and the inability to sit for longer than 20-30 min is what worries me.
I have a telemedicine appt with Dr Guyer 3/14. I’m anxious to see if the 2-level ADR is right for me.