ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:38 AM

Default Dascor Failure

Ladies and Gentlemen

Following Facet Joint injections last Tuesday to try and relieve extreme muscle spasm, I saw my surgeon on Friday who gave me some great news, my four year old Dascor has failed. This is causing all of the pressure to be absorbed on my Facet Joints at L3-4 which in turn is causing the spasm. Unfortunately I have just found out that DD have gone bust and currently their are no alternatives in the UK at present. What is the cost for a similar implant in the US? Any information will be warmly received.

Kind Regards

The Rev
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 AM

Reverend,

Sincere condolences on the reemergence of your spine issues, but welcome.

Almost four years ago Texas Back Institute quoted me $50k for a single level ProDisc cervical ADR. I'm sure that a lumbar surgery would have been more.

I am only familiar with the Dascor nucleus replacement. Is this what you had? Or is there a Dascor total disc replacement? What level was your surgery? You are probably aware that lumbar revision surgery is considered a high risk surgery.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 11-30-2011, 11:20 AM

Sorry to hear your disc failed.
Was your original surgeon in the US?
If so, then at least you might get help easier than if you had your surgery overseas. If you had surgery overseas, you might have to search for a US doctor willing to help you.
Apparently, they are out there, you have to find one.
What area do you live in? A member on here may know of a doctor they can suggest.
Can I suggest to you that you fill out your signature on your profile so we can see what your history is.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:40 PM

i know absolutely nothing about how the dascor is placed.... what was the approach (anterior/posterior/transforaminal?)?? what did the surgeon tell you when he put it in as far as options after, or lack thereof?

even if dascor is out of business, the surgeon who did your implant should be able to at least point you in the right direction, tell you what options you do or don't have, etc.
laidupdoc@gmail.com if my PM box is full

The content herein represents my professional thought and opinions in a general sense only; they do not constitute professional advice or services. if you need medical advice, please consult a licensed physician.