ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:45 PM

Thumbs up Info For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee771 View Post
I called my PCP, and she said they would be happy to draw the blood work, send it and file a claim for "that" but I would need to speak with both IGeneX, and PathoGenius and/or my insurance to find out how who will be paying the bill.
I am calling each company right now (hopefully nothing gets in the way) and I will be more than happy to PM you with what I learn, CB.
Smiles.
Colorado Babe: You must pay up front for the Igenix, and file the claim yourself. They have several different tests, and it will depend on what my PCP feels I need, so I do not know how much the tests are right now. However, what I did learn is pertinent so I shall share what I learned now.
However, I think everyone here can agree (if you can pay for your portion of an adr surgery, I would hope it wouldn't leave you so broke that you wouldn't have a few hundred bucks to invest in yourself?) that when it comes to Lyme Disease, armed with the information we now have, it is worth it!!

The second company has an outstanding philosophy, and shows great integrity I feel:
At PathoGenius®, we believe that no one should go without the testing they need. Therefore, PathoGenius® provides it’s testing at a discounted rate to people who do not have insurance coverage and who, without PathoGenius® assistance, cannot afford the testing they need.

Contact us at any time to discuss what discounts may be available to you.

I hope you are feeling well, and are still "excited" for your surgery. I know when mine came closer (the surgery that was scheduled for the day after the stem cell injections in April that conveniently, for the Dr because he had never even asked for insurance approval, never happened) I started to get nervous. I was, and still will be, going through all of it by myself Most everyone has somebody else, and I am sure you do.

(I never thought that I would end up anywhere close to where I currently am: socioeconomically, physically-health, geographically, familiarly, academically/industrially. I don't think anyone could have convinced me of this 5 years ago, but 3 years ago quite possibly. Boy, I sure wish someone would have tried...Smiles. It'll all work out ok. Smiles.)

We are not talking about me, we are talking about you and the big game changer coming up soon.

I hope that you can get the Lyme test done, and hopefully before surgery.

Sincerely,
Renee

Their numbers: IGeneX, Inc.795 San Antonio Rd Palo Alto, CA 94303
800.832.3200 650.424.1191 650.424.1196 Fax

PathoGenious: PathoGenius® Laboratory 4321 Marsha Sharp Frwy, #2
Lubbock, Texas 79407 Phone: (806) 771-1134 Fax: (806) 771-1168

Mild bilateral facet hypertrophy C2-C6 and with severe posterior osteophyte complex from C2-3/C5-6. Herniations at C3 to C5-6 with severe bilataral foramimal and canal stenosis at C4-5/C5-6 contacting cord. SURGEON REPORT: Moderate to severe cord compression C4-5/C5-6. Flattening cord at C4-5 Severe narrowing of the C5 nerve root. Cord is compressed, forced against lamina. C4-5/C5-6 worst. ADR suggested at C3-4, C4-5 and C5-6 Associated Diagnoses: Brachial Neuritis

Last edited by Renee771; 09-03-2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Wasn't specific about test cost
Old 09-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Renee,

In the last four years, I've uploaded many of my interviews with doctors, researchers and experts to my youtube channel. I've carefully condensed these videos to highlight the most salient points. Almost all of them focus on chronic diseases and infections.

Regarding Lyme disease, see my interviews with Dr. Alan MacDonald:

biofilm - YouTube

There are three parts, start with the first one:

The Biology of Lyme Disease: An Expert's Perspective (Part 1 of 3) - YouTube

This may sound insulting to doctors, but it's not meant to be: if you watch all three parts, you will be more informed than most medical practitioners about Lyme disease. It's because this retired pathologist is one of the most informed docs in America on the subject -- that's why I am grateful that I was able to interview him. A solid, caring and learned man indeed.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 09-04-2014, 02:48 AM

Smile Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Renee,

In the last four years, I've uploaded many of my interviews with doctors, researchers and experts to my youtube channel. I've carefully condensed these videos to highlight the most salient points. Almost all of them focus on chronic diseases and infections.

Regarding Lyme disease, see my interviews with Dr. Alan MacDonald:

biofilm - YouTube

There are three parts, start with the first one:

The Biology of Lyme Disease: An Expert's Perspective (Part 1 of 3) - YouTube

This may sound insulting to doctors, but it's not meant to be: if you watch all three parts, you will be more informed than most medical practitioners about Lyme disease. It's because this retired pathologist is one of the most informed docs in America on the subject -- that's why I am grateful that I was able to interview him. A solid, caring and learned man indeed.
Thank you VERY much, Harrison!!!
Do you think it would be "too much", insulting, too forward or seem "demanding" if I print out some of this information to share with my P.A. tomorrow?
I really, really feel this is exactly what I need: Testing done by both of these medical facilities.

I have lived in a *highly* wooded area the last 3.5 years. I have found two ticks right at home in the back of my scalp (it's sometimes difficult to lift my arms up, keep them up to care for my hair), and several that had just been crawling on me. (gross...yuk, yuk, yuk).

I especially feel strongly about PathoGenius. I did send P.G. an email today about my many infections, surgeries to halt the infections, and my injuries (I included the Brachial Neuritis) for any advice they could give me on which test would be best for me.
I don't expect to hear back for a few days. They may not legally be able to recommend anything, idk.
I am going to ask for a referral to an ENT, as you recommended.
That is what I am going to graciously, and humbly request. Smiles.
***keeping fingers crosses***
***saying prayers***
***lighting candles***

Thank you!
Sincerely,
Ever-Grateful,
Renee

I just hate the anxiety the night before doc appointments. Smiles.
Mild bilateral facet hypertrophy C2-C6 and with severe posterior osteophyte complex from C2-3/C5-6. Herniations at C3 to C5-6 with severe bilataral foramimal and canal stenosis at C4-5/C5-6 contacting cord. SURGEON REPORT: Moderate to severe cord compression C4-5/C5-6. Flattening cord at C4-5 Severe narrowing of the C5 nerve root. Cord is compressed, forced against lamina. C4-5/C5-6 worst. ADR suggested at C3-4, C4-5 and C5-6 Associated Diagnoses: Brachial Neuritis
Old 09-05-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I called my PCP, and she said they would be happy to draw the blood work, send it and file a claim for "that" but I would need to speak with both IGeneX, and PathoGenius and/or my insurance to find out how who will be paying the bill.
I am calling each company right now (hopefully nothing gets in the way) and I will be more than happy to PM you with what I learn, CB.
Smiles.
Thanks Renee. will you be trying through Tricare?
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 09-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Sure, no problem. All pages can be displayed in printer friendly mode -- see the links on the navigation bars. Specifically:

ADRSupport Community - Facial Asymmetry Due to Injuries
Old 09-06-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Colorado Babe: You must pay up front for the Igenix, and file the claim yourself. They have several different tests, and it will depend on what my PCP feels I need, so I do not know how much the tests are right now. However, what I did learn is pertinent so I shall share what I learned now.
However, I think everyone here can agree (if you can pay for your portion of an adr surgery, I would hope it wouldn't leave you so broke that you wouldn't have a few hundred bucks to invest in yourself?) that when it comes to Lyme Disease, armed with the information we now have, it is worth it!!

The second company has an outstanding philosophy, and shows great integrity I feel:
At PathoGenius®, we believe that no one should go without the testing they need. Therefore, PathoGenius® provides it’s testing at a discounted rate to people who do not have insurance coverage and who, without PathoGenius® assistance, cannot afford the testing they need.

Contact us at any time to discuss what discounts may be available to you.

I hope you are feeling well, and are still "excited" for your surgery. I know when mine came closer (the surgery that was scheduled for the day after the stem cell injections in April that conveniently, for the Dr because he had never even asked for insurance approval, never happened) I started to get nervous. I was, and still will be, going through all of it by myself Most everyone has somebody else, and I am sure you do.

(I never thought that I would end up anywhere close to where I currently am: socioeconomically, physically-health, geographically, familiarly, academically/industrially. I don't think anyone could have convinced me of this 5 years ago, but 3 years ago quite possibly. Boy, I sure wish someone would have tried...Smiles. It'll all work out ok. Smiles.)

We are not talking about me, we are talking about you and the big game changer coming up soon.

I hope that you can get the Lyme test done, and hopefully before surgery.

Sincerely,
Renee

Their numbers: IGeneX, Inc.795 San Antonio Rd Palo Alto, CA 94303
800.832.3200 650.424.1191 650.424.1196 Fax

PathoGenious: PathoGenius® Laboratory 4321 Marsha Sharp Frwy, #2
Lubbock, Texas 79407 Phone: (806) 771-1134 Fax: (806) 771-1168

Since I still have plenty of time, I will work on this on Monday. If my insurance won't pay, I will pay it. Thank you Renee and Harrison. I have learned so much info on this sight and am forever greatful.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 09-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Administrator

CB, Renee;

...just a reminder that Lyme disease tests are problematic (see recent Wall Street Journal communications in Op Ed with my letters and the CDC), so most reputable doctors get actual training in how to diagnose Lyme disease. The diagnosis is based on a clinical assessment, not only blood test results.

Many MDs know this, but are not trained in this. So, here's a good referral source:

ILADS Physician Referral for Lyme DiseaseILADS

The man that discovered the bacteria that causes the disease, Willie Burgdorfer, is a member of ILADS. The bug is named after him: Borrelia Burgdoferi.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:01 PM

After reviewing all the symptoms of late untreated Lyme's disease I don't really think that I have it. The only thing on the list is that I have joint issue's which contribute to my chronic pain/fibromyalgia.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:39 AM

Default Standard Lyme Test="negative"

It's been awhile since I have been here. My N.P. did a "regular" lyme test and it was negative. I did get an appointment to an ENT and I was very excited about it for two reasons: The lyme, and biofilm testing and I was also hoping someone would finally tell me why my face is doing this crazy thing. I cancelled the appointment. After this last surgeon denied doing surgery on me I am sincerely convinced I will be wasting his time and mine.(I didn't say anything because I was so ashamed: He said a big reason was because some of the injuries were sustained by my late husband.... You know, I didn't even seek this surgeon out. I NEVER even sent my MRI's to him and with all the problems I have had since I moved here I cancelled the first appointment I had and THEY contacted ME telling ME my situation was "dire". By phone and by letter. How he treated me upset me so much I couldn't make the appointment I had with a surgeon that uses the Mobi-C implant that week. I am bloody pissed off . He KNEW when he walked into the room he wasn't going to do surgery so why make me drive 3 hours. And, How the did he get my information in the first place?).

So, anyway. I guess I am negative.
I am so, so, so sad. My head is taking me to pretty scary places...I have not had any quality of life for several years. There's just no point anymore. I can't take it. I just can't take the constant rejection. It's not my fault my husband suffered from alcoholism after his 20 year career in the military. I tried so hard to get him help. I stayed by his side, and I am getting **** on from every direction and I honestly just can't take it anymore.
But, I will.

And they will keep enjoying abusing me.
I don't know how much longer I can hold out though. The pragmatic thing to do is make a small bucket list, do what I can physically do and then check out. It's only going to get worse.
Oh, and I just LOVE this. I had a feeling my pain doc was spying on me. So, I tested him. Sure enough, the son of a gun was spying on me. He tipped his hand, lied his pants offs. Oh, and he is also good friends with the surgeon that saw me.
Smiles.
HIPPA rights are a joke.

No, I am a joke. I am the joke.
I have given up looking for a surgeon. I am going to get my face fixed. Screw my neck and the pain. I hate it. But, I would like to be able to see people and talk to people again. It gets very, very lonely for me. Terribly lonely.

Thanks for all of the EXCELLENT advice Harrison. You are a gem.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Hi Renee,

I almost forgot that I already provided the links to find a Lyme doctor in your area. Let me know how it goes....see the ILADS site.