ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 PM

Question RSD/CRPS Anyone?

I was wondering if anyone here was diagnosed as having Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy/Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome?

My pain mgmt. doc thinks I may be suffering from this since I have been dealing with 1 foot being much warmer than the other since surgery. This symptom seems to get worse when I walk or sit for long periods.

I don't seem to have any of the other symptoms of RSD. I don't see any swelling of the lower extremities, the toe nails seem fine in appearance & growth. Sometimes my legs show a little red blotchy appearance almost as if I was outside in the cold but it's not on my feet so I don't think that's part of the RSD symptoms. The only swelling that I have is in the right hip which I have had since my car accident in 2002 which no one can tell me why I have it. Coincidentally, it is the same side as "warm foot".

I don't have pain in my feet but the warm foot does seem to feel like I've been standing on my feet all day sometimes. I have noticed a return of some difference in skin sensation between the 2 feet though which has me pretty bummed out. And I can't say for certain that there was a definite change in the leg hair when I was shaving them. Maybe a little more hair in the razor from 1 leg to the other.

I know, too much info. Just thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone else is suffering from this. I'm wondering if I have it & if this might be the cause of the "new" pain that I have.

Thanks for your time!

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09
Old 04-15-2009, 10:12 PM

K: I'm sorry to hear this. I don't know if I"m allowed to post links to other sites but BrainTalk has a section devoted to this:

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...play.php?f=233

And naturally, a second opinion might help.

W/Regards - Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:14 PM

Allan,

Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate it!

K
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09