ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 12-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Administrator

There's been many topics started on inversion tables on this board, I just wanted to continue the theme...I'd like to keep my entire back, especially the thoracic and cervical areas, reasonably stretched. I hope to keep that DDD at bay, even though it's inevitable.

Before I had surgery, I used an inversion table. Frequently. So much so, I stretched my knees out! It staved off some lumbar pain, and may have even helped me with my recovery.

Any way, I want to buy one that does not put harmful stresses on joints below the hips. I found one design that is basically sitting upside down, so that only anti-gravity forces are exerted upon the upper body. I only found one design (Back Revolution) and it's a bit pricey and/or out of stock.

If any of you can provide pointers, ideas or your experience, I am all ears! Thanks.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 12-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Banned

Are there ones that protect the cervical area whlle stretching out the rest of the body?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Banned

Upon leaving Germany, I was told by Alfons, Dr. B's physical therapist to forget about using the inversion table.

Prior to surgery, it was one of my lifesavers and I used it constantly. It's now put away in a closet.

Harrison, have you thought about moving the tether strap up to reduce stress to the hip area?
Old 12-15-2005, 02:51 AM

Harrison,
There is a lumbar (also one built for cervical) traction unit made by The Saunders Group, they have 2 home units they are both good and the cheaper of the two works as well as the expensive on. I have both and get great relief of my back aches but they will probably go bye bye post op.
Robert
Old 12-21-2005, 10:21 PM

I to pre-op practically lived on my inversion table. I'm 8 weeks out from surgery and I really do miss it. I know that you have ADR and I have a fusion, but I was told by my Dr. too that I'm NOT to use it after surgery, not ever. It's upsetting to me, but if it will keep me pain free I'll have find another way to "stretch the kinks out"
Since you've obviously been given the go ahead to hang, I hope your able to find one that's comfortable for you.

Hang 5 for me while your at it.

Take care,
Old 12-22-2005, 02:01 PM

All that blood pooling to my head gives me the creeps.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.