ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 06-04-2005, 09:29 PM

Cat: do you want a one-level or two-level ADR? (Noticed you had IDET on another level).

I'm just a rank amateur but I hear that fusion at the L5-S1 level isn't so destabilizing. Yet...it's still fusion.

Good luck, Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:00 PM

Dear Cat,
So sorry to hear this. We also had bad news this week concerning Pat's workman's comp not paying for ADR. I agree with the above poster in that it will happen eventually, but that is a long time when you're in so much pain. We should try to get together while you are in Michigan. I'll try to email you privately.
Robin
Old 06-06-2005, 09:36 PM

Sorry to hear this from so many. What insurance carrier denied you? I have Liberty Mutual Workers Comp. and I feel I may be in for a fight to get to Germany. The NJ doctors have been disappointing.
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 06-14-2005, 12:08 AM

I want to say thank you for all your support. Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner, but I'm on vacation in MI and I have been very busy with neices graduation. We made it through the party on saturday and we have spent the last 2 days just vegging. Eddie G I have Tricare which is a military dependents. ANS I only need L5-S1 and the reason my doc wants to do adr is because L4 L5 has a very small tear and he believes if I get fusion that it will affect L4-L5 sooner rather than later. again thank you all for your support and I will catch up with everyone when I get back to montana. Cathy