ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:53 AM

Default MY Back

Not sure if I can find what I'm looking for, but maybe someone has a thought. I herniated l4 l5 in the fall of 08' the disc ran into a nerve and gave me severe drop foot. My Dr. arranged for me to have emergancy back surgery to have the portion of the disc removed. The operation itself went well the results not so much. Time, "they" told me may help, it did not. So here I am 03/10 with a foot that does not work properly, and have been recently told , thats it you'll have that forever? Will I?
Old 04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Hi Fred, sorry you are here, but I hope we can provide some support. There are many kind patients here to help you think things through or even provide another perspective. In the meantime:

1. Do you have recent imaging of your lumbar spine? Did you get copies of the digital images and reports? How is your lumbar spine described by the radiology report?

2. What level of pain do you have (1-10), and how does that affect your quality of life?

3. Do you have a spine doctor that you like and trust? What has he/she said about your situation?

If the spinal disc continued to herniate some time after surgery, perhaps the continued degeneration/re-herniation simply impinged the nerve. But we would be guessing without the benefit of your future imaging studies and surgical consult. If that is the case, that may bode well for your future recovery -- as that could be resolved through fusion, ADR or many other procedures.

I have more questions, but I don't want to scare you off...
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 04-16-2010, 08:52 AM

Hi Fred, Welcome to the club no one wants to belong. I am sorry to learn of your problem. Nobody knows what it is like until they have to go through it. I haven't been around in a long time because I got better.

I got better through everything and everybody I learned from here. It was the experiences of others that was the most help for me and I wish you may find that in your case.

I was confronted with many unhelpful doctors (was WC) and as hard as I pushed I couldn't get through. If you let this work, adrsupport.org members will pull you through.

JL
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue