ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:11 PM

Default finally an option

hi everyone,

i used to work as a nurse.i hurt my back lifting a patient in 2003.then in 2008 i was shuffling a laundry basket with my foot(as i had one in my arms)as most woman have done,when i felt lower back pain and numbness tingling lower legs.was unable to walk without help x 4 days.slowly back up and to work.unable to sit.nov 2008 symptoms got worse,off work.pain in lower back terrible.felt like i had a constant electric currant running up and down legs.symptoms sporadic(terrible x 2 weeks,then good for 4 days)mri showed bulging discs l4/l5/s1.also large annular tearl4/l5.unable to see neurosurgeon in canada x 2 yrs(unbelievable)no support from family doc.dorthopedic surgeon gave me a dr name in germany,dr zeegers.taken me this long to track him down.

i now have an option and just got cost estimate today.works thru betaklinik.any info on dr or clinic would be appreciated.bought the dvd thru this website.fantastic!lots of info.just need to book it and go!need some support.what am i going to feel post op?anyone who had sucessful adr ,would appreciate a happy ending!!thank god for websites like this
pixie

Last edited by Harrison; 04-30-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Removed link identifying spine broker
Old 04-27-2010, 10:57 AM

Default Soooo jealous.

Zeegers has my money and my imagery. I'm waiting for him to get back to me with a recommendation. It's been a week and I'm so anxious.

Those wacky Icelanders and their volcano shenanigans have disrupted his schedule.

Dave

1997: L5-S1 left-side disc herniation
epidurals and perivertebral injections
Jan 23, 2009: discotomy in Toronto
July 2009: L5-S1 left-side further herniation
epidurals and perivertebral injections
June 8, 2010: L5-S1 Activ L ADR by Dr. Zeegers at Beta Klinik

https://sites.google.com/site/daveadr2010/
Old 05-06-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie View Post
hi everyone,

i used to work as a nurse.i hurt my back lifting a patient in 2003.then in 2008 i was shuffling a laundry basket with my foot(as i had one in my arms)as most woman have done,when i felt lower back pain and numbness tingling lower legs.was unable to walk without help x 4 days.slowly back up and to work.unable to sit.nov 2008 symptoms got worse,off work.pain in lower back terrible.felt like i had a constant electric currant running up and down legs.symptoms sporadic(terrible x 2 weeks,then good for 4 days)mri showed bulging discs l4/l5/s1.also large annular tearl4/l5.unable to see neurosurgeon in canada x 2 yrs(unbelievable)no support from family doc.dorthopedic surgeon gave me a dr name in germany,dr zeegers.taken me this long to track him down.

i now have an option and just got cost estimate today.works thru betaklinik.any info on dr or clinic would be appreciated.bought the dvd thru this website.fantastic!lots of info.just need to book it and go!need some support.what am i going to feel post op?anyone who had sucessful adr ,would appreciate a happy ending!!thank god for websites like this
pixie
Pixie,

I sent you some info on Beta Klinik and Bonn - did you receive it?

Thanks,
Holly
2009: ADR with Active L, L4,L5
Old 05-07-2010, 07:57 PM

Hi Holly,

I would recommend you get a couple of opinions from experienced ADR docs, that is what I did before I made my decision. I flew to Munich and saw Dr. Zeegars,who I did like very much, but I think Dr. Bitan in NYC, hit it perfect with the diagnosis. I had an unusual situation though with a partially congenitally fused L5/S1, that kind of threw in a twist. It doesn't cost that much for an opinion though, and then you are armed with that added bit of knowledge and can make a more informed decision. Dr. Zeegars would probably have figured it out during the surgery or maybe during the discogram, but Dr. Bitan was able to tell from the MRI and XRAYs, and sure enough, that disc was the main generator as evidenced off the discogram. So, moral to my story is, it doesn't hurt to have two or even three different sets of experienced eyes take a look and then you really can feel confident before you make the leap. It could just as well as been reversed, I have heard nothing but good things about Dr. Z, but after three opinions ( I also so a doctor at the Virginia Spine Institute) I felt much more confident.

Whatever you end up deciding, wish you the very best!

Feeling great!